Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarcoPolo

Evidence

3 posts in this topic

If parlours and similar establishments take pains to ensure that they never advertise anything more than "massage and relaxation therapy" and make no mention of sexual services, and if punters and WGs have their stories (and knickers) straight in the event of a raid -"strictly massage only, officer" - how exactly would the police or CPS prove otherwise and prosecute punters under the proposed legislation?

As this applies equally to current law, how have the police usually obtained evidence in any cases that have gone to court, that an operation is offering sexual services? Is it undercover officers, as I don't see many other options?

This is quite apart from any evidence that trafficking or coercion is involved.

This is a good point - exactly how would the police prove that money was exchanged for sex between a particular client and girl?

Especially for agencies with many separate flats. What would they do, stake out each flat or bug each flat?

Simply tapping the phones of those who make appointments won't work - you can always say you didn't go.

Seems to me that they would have to either break down the door and catch you mid-appointment, or collect physical evidence shortly after.

You have to ask, what are the odds of a specific flat from a reputable agency being busted on the particular day/time that you visit.

Also, does anyone have any idea when this law might actually be put into force?

I doubt the law will get through the lords and even if it does there arent enough police to waste time on stuff like that. People want criminals caught not police wasting time with people doing buisness that hurts no one.