hans66

[Netherlands] Punting With Foreign Wgs Is Likely To Be Criminalized

5 posts in this topic

First I have to tell something about the Dutch law system. The Dutch law consists of books with articles with an increasing number. One of the books is the Wetboek van Strafrecht (Codes of Criminal Law).

There is one article 273f related to illegal trafficking (not just human trafficking but also illegal trafficking of goods):

Article 273f 1.3

He who hires, takes, kidnaps someone in order to make him available for sexual acts with or in favor of a third person against payment;

This refers to non-Dutch WGs.

One of the new law proposals (coming from Gert Segers, Nine Kooiman and Marith Rebel) is:

Article 273g

He, who commits sexual acts with another, while he is or could be aware of the fact that the other (referred to by Article 273f 1.3) has been made available to commit sexual acts with a third person against payment, will be punished with prison of a maximum of 4 years or a financial punishment of the fourth category. That could be about 20.000 euros.

One of the WGs have talked about this with a member of the Dutch government and he assures her that it only refers to illegal prostitution (in the Netherlands prostitution is illegal if a special permit is missing or has never been given).

What kind of WGs did I punt? That were two Dutch WGs (in Alphen aan den Rijn). The WG before that was also Dutch (in Den Haag) and the WG before her was from Germany and I punted also in Germany itself.

A foreign WG can be moved in three ways as the law shows:

- hiring (by a pimp);

- taking;

- kidnapping.

Only in the first and second case there is a voluntary move. The WG is moved by the pimp with her own permission. In case of kidnapping it is involuntary and the punishments for kidnapping can be between 12 and 20 years imprisonment.

Its not good but I think they are probably at their wits end as to how to find which girls are trafficked so if they make seeing ANY foreign girl illegal then it will make their country unattractive to the pimps and traffickers therefore I guess less likely to go there. The law is often an ass but I would hate to have to be the one writing the laws on certain issues. 

Interesting post, would make an good law in the UK, perhaps the EU should pass a law that states that a WG can only trade in the country she was born in, make it an offense to pay a non UK WG and any non UK WG should be sent back home.

The uk is being flooded, just set up an AW new member alert and see how many new accounts are removed in a week, the pimps are getting out of control.

Surely under EU rules an EU born working girl is free to work in any Eu country where prostitution is legal.

Surely under EU rules an EU born working girl is free to work in any Eu country where prostitution is legal.

Thats why they need to pass a new law, they are pretty fast passing them for everything else.