onceinawhile

Reverse Oral

14 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm new here so if this topic has been covered then aplologies.

I'm a bit (a lot) of a worrier. I engaged in ro on a Wg around 3 to 4 years ago, and have always been worried about Hiv. Should I be?? I'm told by various sources there is a low risk (one doc said almost zero), I've had no ill effects but I know that means nothing.

Seems like a lot of guys engage in cunnilingus fairly regularly, so is the trnsmission risk as low as I'm led to believe? I understand there are no medical experts on here of course!

Hi all, I'm new here so if this topic has been covered then aplologies.

I'm a bit (a lot) of a worrier. I engaged in ro on a Wg around 3 to 4 years ago, and have always been worried about Hiv. Should I be?? I'm told by various sources there is a low risk (one doc said almost zero), I've had no ill effects but I know that means nothing.

Seems like a lot of guys engage in cunnilingus fairly regularly, so is the trnsmission risk as low as I'm led to believe? I understand there are no medical experts on here of course!

well i must have done RO with about 100 WG's and never caught owt.

STD's have evolved to live in sex organs not the mouth which is why i think the risk is low.

they certainly wont survive in the stomach.

My understanding is the risk of HIV from RO is almost negligible.

If you're still worried about something that happened 3 to 4 years ago, why not get yourself down to a GUM clinic and get tested?

1 person likes this

Yep, testing is the best way, just wanted to gauge opinion. Thanks!

You're more likely to get something bacterial, but as other have said, the risk is very low. Just avoid if you've had any dental work in the previous 48h, a cut on your lip, mouth ulcer, sore throat etc. when you might be more vulnerable.

If you have not noticed any symptoms in 4 years I would think you are in the clear.

1 person likes this

I'm not a medical person but I have been told extremely low risk if at all.  I expect if thats all you have done a GM clinic would probably suggest not even having a hiv test but if its peace of mind you need go and have a test.

Thanks all for the replies, yes only induged in RO, and I guess peace of mind would be nice, but your replies have relieved some of the worry!

With the virtually blanket use of condoms these days the chances of catching anything serious from oral sex is minimal.

Sounds like it's been 4 years since your last shag so I'd be more concerned about what size of wheelbarrow you'll need to buy to carry your gonads around. :)

Just spoke to a local gum clinic, and they see no reason for me to have a test, got a very comprehensive explaination as to why, which I won't go into, but thanks again for your input!

Just spoke to a local gum clinic, and they see no reason for me to have a test, got a very comprehensive explaination as to why, which I won't go into, but thanks again for your input!

That's very strange, I see no reason not to give any one a test, I get tested not because I show signs of illness, but because some problems don't show up unless you are tested! 

When you walk into a GUM clinic they don't look you up and down at reception and pass judgement.

I think based on the circumstances and the likleyhood of transmission, they said they see no reason why I should have a test. This from the THT.

So you have gave RO 3/4 years ago and only now are you worrying about it?

If you had caught anything (which I doubt you did) it would be a bit late to be trying to sort it out now!

Edited by TightYoungEbony

Guess it would always be a bit late, and never thought I would 'sort it out', just over thinking maybe. Anyway, the info I have has put my mind at rest.