JKay

Ukash Vouchers................

7 posts in this topic

Just a little heads up when buying Ukash vouchers for use on Adultwork........

As you all know the first 8 numbers are always the same, ie,  6337 1800...........  well that's what I thought until you get given one with 6337 1840...................AW will not take these at all, only the 1800 ones because 1840 are restricted to under 18's and the seller will not give you a refund or exchange. Next is a visit to the Ukash website to search out phone numbers then games of phone tennis from one department to another before they agree to email you a new over 18 number, this can take up to 48 hours to arrive.

Also Tesco no longer sell them.

This happened to me the very first time I bought a UKash voucher.  It was a long time ago so I don't remember the exact details but I do remember that UKash resolved the problem for me quite quickly by giving me a new number & explaining how to make sure I get a 18+ voucher in future. 

Thing is, has anyone been asked "do you need an 18+ voucher?" or been aware that there are two types? When the buyer is in there late 50's why selling them an under 18 voucher with out asking? Phone tennis with none English speakers at Ukash is worse than Orange help line in India.

Yes I have been asked if it's an over 18 voucher I want - as I could be buying for someone else.  From what I remember they have to push a button on their screen to confirm over 18, perhaps the default setting is under 18 ?

Thing is, has anyone been asked "do you need an 18+ voucher?" or been aware that there are two types? When the buyer is in there late 50's why selling them an under 18 voucher with out asking? Phone tennis with none English speakers at Ukash is worse than Orange help line in India.

I'm aware there are two types after being given an under 18 one the first time I got one. I ended up having an argument with the shop and I ended up banned from going back there because I was 'difficult'  :huh: It then took about 48 hours to sort out with Ukash.

Update, have been told that WH Smith now sell UKASH vouchers, think they may well be listed under "e money" when they scroll down the list.