Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hellogorgeous

Elective Hpv Vaccination

5 posts in this topic

The vaccine for HPV offered in the UK (Gardasil), in addition to providing protection from the HPV types linked to cervical cancer (HPV-16 and HPV-18), also protects against HPV-6 and HPV-11 that cause most genital warts.

Although this vaccination is currently only routinely offered to girls of school age as part of the national immunisation program, it can be obtained privately for a modest fee (£300-400).

Has anyone here elected to have the HPV vaccination?

As a lay-person it does seem like a "no-brainer", but it would be interesting to hear the thoughts of somebody who is perhaps more informed.

If I'd been younger when it came out (I'm in my 40s) I definitely would have. Would certainly recommend it to any woman under 25 who missed the mass immunisation campaign, and personally, I think all boys should receive it too.

1 person likes this

The vaccine for HPV offered in the UK (Gardasil), in addition to providing protection from the HPV types linked to cervical cancer (HPV-16 and HPV-18), also protects against HPV-6 and HPV-11 that cause most genital warts.

Although this vaccination is currently only routinely offered to girls of school age as part of the national immunisation program, it can be obtained privately for a modest fee (£300-400).

Has anyone here elected to have the HPV vaccination?

As a lay-person it does seem like a "no-brainer", but it would be interesting to hear the thoughts of somebody who is perhaps more informed.

The cousin of my old school friend had the Cervical Cancer Jab and was brain damaged by it a few years back, they claimed it was a coincidence she had seizures and things but still it makes me wary, there was another article on a girl about it but I can't remember that one either it was about when I was in school I remember reading about it

Scared the life out of me and I wouldn't touch it, it was in the papers and online if I can find the article I'll pop it in.

Each to their own but all these "new" vaccines that haven't been completey tested and there is no statistics of success I stay away from.

Even the flu jab scares me!

Edited by TightYoungEbony

300 to 400 a modest fee?

300 to 400 a modest fee?

Considering most men here are spending £100+ an hour on call girls, I think it is fair to say so.

If you became infected with genital wart causing HPV, would you pay £400 to have it go way?  I'm pretty sure a lot of people would, if it were possible.