SirP

The Envelope

93 posts in this topic

Right, is "the envelope" still the preferred method of passing the lady her fee?

When I started 8 years ago (4 since my last) it was always made clear this was how it's done.

I've always preferred it as just handing a wad of cash from my wallet seems cheap .

I've always put the cash in an envelope like many members here but a good many don't and prefer to just hand over the notes.

I forget which poster it was now but one gent here recently said he tied his cash up with a length of ribbon and the lady loved it.

I do like to triple count my cash and then place it in the envelope with a final count!

DG

Sometimes I duz and sometime I duzn't (after all, who writes letters any more? I never seem to have envelopes at homes). I take my hat off to whoever it was who had the ribbon idea.

I've never used an envelope, seems a bit pretentious to me.

I dont mind if the cash is in an envelope or not. I notice that most guys dont even have the cash ready. They ask "how much was it again" then you have to stand there whilst they rifle through their wallets counting out the notes. Not really a big deal I guess. What I do object too is someone just handing me a screwed up bunch of notes with the odd note falling out to the floor. I make sure they are all nicely smoothed out and organised properly before I count it. Sometimes it takes a few minutes  :cool:

Also the guys who confidently hand over the refolded notes then act oh so surprised when its a tenner short  ;) nice try x

I dont mind if the cash is in an envelope or not. I notice that most guys dont even have the cash ready. They ask "how much was it again" then you have to stand there whilst they rifle through their wallets counting out the notes. Not really a big deal I guess. What I do object too is someone just handing me a screwed up bunch of notes with the odd note falling out to the floor. I make sure they are all nicely smoothed out and organised properly before I count it. Sometimes it takes a few minutes  :cool:

Also the guys who confidently hand over the refolded notes then act oh so surprised when its a tenner short  ;) nice try x

I don't use envelopes anymore although I did at first...

I'm a bit OCD about the notes though, all straightened out, Queen's head all in the same direction, folded once and put in my back pocket. Obsessively checked about 10 times before I arrive.

That's when I don't forget and leave the cash in my car... :rolleyes:

2 people like this

LOL

That's why I count it half a dozen times before putting it in the envelope ;)

I once visited a tantric priestess who insisted I hold the money by opposite corners and present it to her with a bow. She still counted it though

Being a relative new comer - my pre-punting days research suggested envelope - seemed polite and tidy - but I am amused how much ire this issue raises - Fluffy if you do, Tough Devil do Care Neanderhal if you don't.

I always use an envelope - with the lady's name on it (I know I know but I'm just like that) and sometimes a little card (I know I know, what am I like!!) ha ha ha - I suspect the convention is becoming less envelope but I often resist new fangled conventions - a bit of romantic you see :)

I do like the ribbon idea - classy and refined - I like that!

I find the ladies appreciate my tidy and prompt payment - I always think an important moment in the process - the money shot as it were.

I cannot lie, it was I. Hope we can keep this among friends, as I would fear for my life if ever the reptiles on UKPunting got to hear of it (another topic that started up today). Although I am quite enjoying the "friends and family" status I appear to have acquired among the ladies in John Lewis's haberdashery department. If only they knew...:)

2 people like this

Burty, you shouldn't worry about putting the notes together with the Queen's face in identical direction. I do it all the time when I draw cash out of the machine because it makes it much easier to spot a forgery.

Uncle Pokey

I cannot lie, it was I. Hope we can keep this among friends, as I would fear for my life if ever the reptiles on UKPunting got to hear of it (another topic that started up today). Although I am quite enjoying the "friends and family" status I appear to have acquired among the ladies in John Lewis's haberdashery department. If only they knew...:)

Credit where credit is due, I think it's a brilliant way of dealing with the paperwork.

Are you a secret Mumsnetter too? :D

DG

ha ha ha

I cannot lie, it was I. Hope we can keep this among friends, as I would fear for my life if ever the reptiles on UKPunting got to hear of it (another topic that started up today). Although I am quite enjoying the "friends and family" status I appear to have acquired among the ladies in John Lewis's haberdashery department. If only they knew... :)

....ha ha ha that is funny....I am far to focused on my punting pleasures to worry about whether someone is a Fluffy, uses an envelope or not, or writes gushing reviews.....although as I have said before and I will say it again...I am rather proud to be a Fluffy - to busy enjoying myself to be all bitter and twisted - and I am so impressed with the ribbon idea - my regular lady would love it - we would have such a laugh as I presented her gift like this :) Nice one.

I'm not really bothered how the money gets in my hand as long as it's the right amount and it's real!

I have a regular who always pops the money into an envelope for me as one time he mixed my rate up with his own cash which he bought with him!

Are you a secret Mumsnetter too? :D

DG

Erm...no, I am not, DG...but you have given me an idea...I go on to MN to report that not all punters are the pond life they imagine, why some of us even hand over the cash tastefully tied up in a nice piece of ribbon and ask if they have any Martha Stewart type enhancements to the concept they could suggest...but I might need some covering fire from you guys if I do. Any offers?

I once visited a tantric priestess who insisted I hold the money by opposite corners and present it to her with a bow. She still counted it though

Is there no end to their pretentiousness?

I'm not really bothered how the money gets in my hand as long as it's the right amount and it's real!

Huh! no ribbon for you, then TYE, if ever I find myself at a loose end in the West Midlands :).

I don't use envelopes anymore although I did at first...

I'm a bit OCD about the notes though, all straightened out, Queen's head all in the same direction, folded once and put in my back pocket. Obsessively checked about 10 times before I arrive.

That's when I don't forget and leave the cash in my car... :rolleyes:

And then, presumably, you ask for anal.

2 people like this

Huh! no ribbon for you, then TYE, if ever I find myself at a loose end in the West Midlands :).

Oh I wouldn't mind a ribbon! It looks pretty I bet haha x

I love it when guys count it out onto the table, like a bank cashier. That way we both know it's correct.

I cannot lie, it was I. Hope we can keep this among friends, as I would fear for my life if ever the reptiles on UKPunting got to hear of it (another topic that started up today). Although I am quite enjoying the "friends and family" status I appear to have acquired among the ladies in John Lewis's haberdashery department. If only they knew... :)

Suppose since almost everything has gone digital you no longer have any tape just lying around the office. For future reference, what colour tape do you use?

Erm...no, I am not, DG...but you have given me an idea...I go on to MN to report that not all punters are the pond life they imagine, why some of us even hand over the cash tastefully tied up in a nice piece of ribbon and ask if they have any Martha Stewart type enhancements to the concept they could suggest...but I might need some covering fire from you guys if I do. Any offers?

Why stoke the volcano of grief?

I love it when guys count it out onto the table, like a bank cashier. That way we both know it's correct.

I have done that and yes it is refreshingly upfront and candid which I appreciate - I am not remotely sqeemish about the money part of punting - it is after al the oil that lubricates the process if I may say so,

Upfront and open perfect - for me though largely presented as I say in an envelope - I like the tidiness of it and it seems so quaint - almost ritual like.

Some I do and sometimes I don't.  I wg did once get funny with me I think it said on her web site cash in an envelope please but I forgot and just handed it to her!  Why hide it we are paying for sex so I don't see why putting it in an envelope should make the act any different.  I guess it looks more professional perhaps! 

Right, is "the envelope" still the preferred method of passing the lady her fee?

When I started 8 years ago (4 since my last) it was always made clear this was how it's done.

I've always preferred it as just handing a wad of cash from my wallet seems cheap .

Everyone is different.

I do have a preference :) I prefer that it is offered at the beginning of the session as I often forget to ask for it, it saves my embarrassment and ensuing discomfort and as I either try to figure out a way to mention it after the session has started without ruining the mood, or I spend the rest of the time stressing about if I will be paid at the end without any problems.

But I always count it in front of the gentleman as that way if there are any mistakes then they can be corrected straight away. I have been both over and under paid.

1 person likes this