Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ignitt

Punting With A Rash

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and relatively new to punting in general and I was wondering if you more experienced guys and girls could give me some advice about something. I'm not sure if this is the right forum as it's not strictly an STI issue but it is health related so i thought I would put this here.

About a month ago I started developing a rash. The rash is only slight - a few red marks on the insides of my upper arms  as well as a couple of solitary red marks on my torso. However, in addition to these I also have a few of red marks around my groin and one or two patches of slightly red skin on my scrotum.

Now obviously alarm bells rang straight away, so I paid a visit to the GUM clinic (who gave me the all clear for any STIs thank god) as well as my local GP. Having ruled out a fungal infection, my GP diagnosed it as pityriasis rosea which is basically just a harmless, non-contagious rash that eventually just goes away on its own and isn't anything to worry about.

So now that I have got my medical history out of the way, my question for you guys is:

Should I hold off punting until the rash goes away? Obviously I'm concerned that a sex worker might be put off by the rash - particularly as there are red marks near my groin - and even though I KNOW that it is non-contagious and nothing to worry about, she's not going to know that for sure that and may be concerned for her health.

The only reason I'm debating in my mind about whether to wait it out or not is because I don't get many opportunities to punt due to my work/life balance and I do have a window this week that I wanted to make the most of if I could. Unfortunately pityriasis rosea can last as long as 12 weeks (maybe even 5 months!) which means I could be in for a long wait. Should I just suck it up and live with the frustration? Or should I try explaining to a girl in advance that I have the rash when I make contact to make a booking and let her make the decision?

Any advice would be much appreciated! 

I would suggest you contact the lady you wish to see and give her a brief summary of the rash. She may or may not accept the booking but better to forewarn someone. I know I'd be alarmed if I saw a gent with a rash and had no previous warning.

2 people like this

Exactly what Jasmin said. You will encounter some who would rather not take the chance though as guys have just turned up with strange symptoms before to us all Im sure and tried to pass it off with a "oh its always been there' etc when we spot a blister or something. Good luck, hope it doesnt stop you having fun xx