Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bond

Suggestion

6 posts in this topic

I know this might sound a bit OCD but I think that this forum would look better organised if it is split along administrative regional lines rather than having dedicated forums for a few cities and lumping the rest of the country together.

Wakey wakey there are several comments in the top thread on this board that invites such comments in the second half of its title.

No offence meant - I started the suggestion in that thread after an SP mentioned it and although i thought of referring to it in the general forum I thought I might get told off.

Please add your comment to that thread - Mod response so far a little discouraging.

VLM

Cheers mate.

Didn't know there was another thread on this already.

Understandable - but the fact it's there shows your OCD is as yet still at an early treatable stage :)

Is it really such a bother to do a search for <insert city/region here> ? My main concern with anything more than what there already is would be endless sub-forums (sub-fora?) which would take ages to populate and before long, even the most recent topics would be well past their sell-by.

It simply seems to work well elsewhere. It groups people's attention on their own area much more efficiently (how many thread starters don't mention their area in their title, for example.

Slow to populate? Maybe but each area will cover a lot of people so i doubt it (even the South West and East Anglia...) and if it promotes more user contributions and information sharing then that surely should be a principal purpose of a forum, especially one titled Requests for Information.

12 regions would cover the entire UK, not a vast increase on what is there now with the underused Glasgow forum instead catering for the whole of Scotland.