Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
met012

Devolution As Already Happened In Manchester

15 posts in this topic

Probably because they'd need reasonable evidence to suspect its a brothel. As long as they can't prove 'sexual services' being exchanged for payment and its all consensual there's nothing the cops can do.

And that doesn't just mean accepting any old petition from angry residents or this dickhead counsellor. If it's just a quiet residence catering to a few old boys perhaps Inspector Kinrade has taken the sensible view that it's best left alone because getting it shut down will not only be a massive ball ache for everyone but it will do more harm than good to both workers and punters. It won't just disappear the fact this happens.

I see the predictable 'won't somebody think of the children' line being used yet again.Why don't these councillors actually go and find some actual trafficked people for a change instead of whining about their pretty little neighbourhood being sullied by the presence of a discreet brothel. The police should be dealing with proper crime not a few sad old blokes visiting some mature WGs ffs. Load of bollocks.

Edited by skyscraper

spokeswoman said: “The police have visited us to make sure no-one is being trafficked or abused but no further action has been taken - we’re a safe, quiet establishment and little parlours like us aren’t a problem to them.

“We’ve got an established business, employing mature local women and our clients are mostly elderly gentlemen. We’ve not got groups of rowdy lads causing trouble and it’s much safer than girls being on the street.

“We have no drink or drugs on the premises and close at 8.30pm and are very respectful of our neighbours so it’s sad to see this scaremongering.”

Quod erat demonstrandum.

1 person likes this

Correct me if I'm wrong. As the law stands at the moment it is illegal to own or run a brothel and they can be closed down? Why does Inspector Paul Kinrade say it will be difficult to take immediate action?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/councillors-residents-call-suspected-brothel-8115545

Lazy policing or, as Skyscaper suggests below, Insp. Kinrade has taken a pragmatic view. If they shut them down, they'll only move elsewhere.

Probably because they'd need reasonable evidence to suspect its a brothel. As long as they can't prove 'sexual services' being exchanged for payment and its all consensual there's nothing the cops can do.

It's very easy to show that premises are a brothel. Evidence from test purchase officers together with evidence of girls in lingerie, adverts, cash, condoms and other paraphernalia usually found in brothels is quite sufficient. The CPS have a high success rate in court in this respect.

It's even easier for the police to shut suspected brothels down using closure orders introduced in 2010.

1 person likes this

Lazy policing or, as Skyscaper suggests below, Insp. Kinrade has taken a pragmatic view. If they shut them down, they'll only move elsewhere.

It's very easy to show that premises are a brothel. Evidence from test purchase officers together with evidence of girls in lingerie, adverts, cash, condoms and other paraphernalia usually found in brothels is quite sufficient. The CPS have a high success rate in court in this respect.

It's even easier for the police to shut suspected brothels down using closure orders introduced in 2010.

It is a brothel! The Councillor know, the MEN know, and even they dropped hints in the article.

Quote:"“We’ve got an established business, employing mature local women and our clients are mostly elderly gentlemen. We’ve not got groups of rowdy lads causing trouble and it’s much safer than girls being on the street."

I personally think the Inspector is a client of the establishment. :D

Edited by met012

The local vice dont need any evidence to go in and do welfare checks on the girls and this alone would prove its a brothel. Once thats established then its simply a case of sending a couple of coppers along and telling them they have a few days to close up shop or the shit will hit the fan. Im pretty sure the police have the power to actually seal a property for 3 months if people dont move along so that even the owner cannot gain entry if they so chose. 

Its probably that there are so many that they really just can't be bothered plus they know they will be set up somewhere else in a week or so unless they go for zero tolerance and they have a street prostitution issue in some parts of manchester so they perhaps fear that it will make that worse. 

Who knows, some places are simply more tolerant than others when it comes to brothels.

Regarding the sexual services, all they have to do is phone up and ask whats on offer in the bedrooms. The receptionist would reel off a list of services and there you have your proof of sexual services. Plus of course lets not forget that the police are all over all of these forums. Most places if they have a website have services listed along with fees. 

When they came along to the mk ones to do welfare checks they had all the brothels in mk typed out on sheets of paper along with the addresses and the names of all of the girls at each place on their rota that day.

The police know exactly whats going on in their local areas regarding this stuff. Sometimes they simply chose not to take action for various reasons

Fact is the police can rock up to a brothel at any given moment and tell them they need to be out at close of business that day and there is nothing the owners can do about it except ask for a reasonable amount of time to  move elsewhere. Only an idiot would refuse to close at the end of the day if the police asked them nicely. Lets face it, the other option is not so nicely and then you are on your way to the police station or raided in the worst way a few weeks later and if that happens you can say goodbye to your girls as they will run, change their numbers and your business is likely on the floor anyway.

Edited by Chloe Kisses

Regarding the sexual services, all they have to do is phone up and ask whats on offer in the bedrooms. The receptionist would reel off a list of services and there you have your proof of sexual services. Plus of course lets not forget that the police are all over all of these forums. Most places if they have a website have services listed along with fees. 

When they came along to the mk ones to do welfare checks they had all the brothels in mk typed out on sheets of paper along with the addresses and the names of all of the girls at each place on their rota that day.

The police know exactly whats going on in their local areas regarding this stuff. Sometimes they simply chose not to take action for various reasons

Fact is the police can rock up to a brothel at any given moment and tell them they need to be out at close of business that day and there is nothing the owners can do about it except ask for a reasonable amount of time to  move elsewhere. Only an idiot would refuse to close at the end of the day if the police asked them nicely. Lets face it, the other option is not so nicely and then you are on your way to the police station or raided in the worst way a few weeks later and if that happens you can say goodbye to your girls as they will run, change their numbers and your business is likely on the floor anyway.

Not forgetting all that nice money they can get under POCA if they do a raid.

The reason I am making a big deal of this is because if they do ban paying for sex. The way GMP apply the law it may not apply in some areas of Manchester. After all cross over the Pennines and West Yorkshire police are intolerant of massage parlours especially in Leeds.

Also it makes a mockery of Westminster who do a lot of huffing and puffing which appears to be never implemented by some police forces.

On the plus side the parlour will have got a lot of free publicity and probably get guys doing searches on the net.

The reason I am making a big deal of this is because if they do ban paying for sex. The way GMP apply the law it may not apply in some areas of Manchester. After all cross over the Pennines and West Yorkshire police are intolerant of massage parlours especially in Leeds.

Also it makes a mockery of Westminster who do a lot of huffing and puffing which appears to be never implemented by some police forces.

On the plus side the parlour will have got a lot of free publicity and probably get guys doing searches on the net.

If they banned it totally then massage parlours are the first place they would head for as they are an easy sitting duck target and they could splash it all over the papers for a lot of public back slapping. It wont be banned though. I think ultimately our house of commons will retain common sense on two individuals alone in a bedroom. I dont think they will decriminalise brothels though, I used to think they would but I doubt it now for some reason, dont ask me why, just one of those feelings 

Its all down to local police commissioners and what they see as the major crime issues in their area. What pisses the residents off the most I assume 

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Hey!! Latin as well as French!! Bring on the string quartet!!

Hey!! Latin as well as French!! Bring on the string quartet!!

Next Thursday then ? :D

They can seize as much as they like under POCA but they need a conviction to keep it. If the case falls through then they have to return all monies seized, phones, laptops, everything. Also people dont realise that in a search warrant there is usually that little "and all related properties" thing. This means they can raid your home, your garage if not attached to your home, your garden shed, all properties of all people that they feel are linked to running the place. Even a barn in the middle of nowhere if they have knowledge of its existence comes under the heading "and all related properties". 

If they banned it totally then massage parlours are the first place they would head for as they are an easy sitting duck target and they could splash it all over the papers for a lot of public back slapping. It wont be banned though. I think ultimately our house of commons will retain common sense on two individuals alone in a bedroom. I dont think they will decriminalise brothels though, I used to think they would but I doubt it now for some reason, dont ask me why, just one of those feelings 

Its all down to local police commissioners and what they see as the major crime issues in their area. What pisses the residents off the most I assume 

Police commissioners aren't fit to wipe my shoes. Even in areas like Manchester its dependant on the attitude of the divisional commander or in this case Inspector.

the parlour named had another place a few yrs ago shut down by the locals, cant remember where but it was in the Manchester area. 

the parlour named had another place a few yrs ago shut down by the locals, cant remember where but it was in the Manchester area. 

That's what I don't understand. As you say it was closed previously so the police know about it, the locals and so do the MEN. However the Inspector pretends he can't closed it down straightaway. GMP attitude towards parlours is weird and they do not apply the law in this area for some bizarre unknown reason unlike other forces.

Edited by met012