Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coventrypunter

Bubbles Hagley Road

7 posts in this topic

Seems new place in bearwood called bubbles

They are on twitter and a webby but no gallery or rota yet.

Cant post link cos I am on phone

Anyone been

Oh well done raising this again - it was first mentioned late on in the State of the Scene thread late October.

I think all locals should take one (but not the same one) for the time and report back.

Pronto

PS Looked at site - shame not to open with a bang by having the staff on display.

What do they mean about illegal activities?

PS Looked at site - shame not to open with a bang by having the staff on display.

What do they mean about illegal activities?

I think they may be playing it extra careful, bearing in mind the gaff was known as Cuddles for years until trafficking there was uncovered in 2005. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some tenuous link to the original ownership / management

Disappointing not to have had any news from a visitor after this amount of time.

Gosh was it 2005? How time flies.

Mostly I only saw Cuddles on the way to FunPlace so that shows how long ago those happy days already are.

I'm surprised it reopened (under a different name).

Funplace was waaaaaayyyy better than Cuddles. And with its history of raids from the police and having women who barely soke a word of English, I'll never trust that place again, unless some very good reports start happening.

Funplace was Birminghams mini version of Sandys Superstars in Manchester.

These days mostly all we get in Brum is trash.

Come on Merv open a branch in Brum, get your girls working down here... pretty please!

Merv was teasing people some years ago with the prospect of a new Sandys somewhere with everyone pitching for their local city, town or village.

I stopped my regular visits to Manchester and so stopped reading Little Black Book so I never heard if there was any outcome but it was a pretty obvious certainty the third one wouldn't be too far away from base.