ARandomPunter

How Far In Advance

68 posts in this topic

With the thread on Christmas availability I started wondering - how far in advance do people book or sp's accept bookings? Are things just pencilled in until the day before/the actual day or are they considered fixed from the moment the booking is made?

Just curious really.

I think the most advanced booking I've made has been 2 months ahead. Generally it's at least a week, more often 2 or 3 weeks ahead.

I very rarely do spur of the moment punts, and when I've tried generally the wg I've wanted to see was unavailable but very rarely have problems booking in advance.

For many years now i have done a mixture opf both, those that are booked well in advance and those spur of the moment encounters (late evenings in London) where the risk is far greater but the anticipation and the moment get you in the perfect mood as you never know what to expect...

it all depend on you and the girl

I used to book a week in advance but i have to book at least 2 weeks in advance to see 1 particular girl. 

I'm currently 3 weeks into my next advance booking with a month still to go  :blink:

TBH if it wasn't for a fact that this is going to be 1 hell of a punt i'd cancel but i'd kick myself if i don't go thru with this one. 

But i'd never wait this long ever again as it kind of takes some of the spontaneity out of it 

But i'd never wait this long ever again as it kind of takes some of the spontaneity out of it

Agreed on the spontaneity but for me that's replaced by anticipation ;)

I consider an advanced booking as a set booking. Would you really want a pencilled in booking as that means if a regular phoned up who the girl knew for a fact wanted a definate booking at that time then you "pencilled in" would be scrubbed out. I do however give the guys the time to confirm on the day by a certain time. Things can change so a confirmation is important. Still, if someone ask me for a booking next tuesday at 1pm for an hour as far as I'm concerned thats a definite booking even though you can't actually guarantee anything till the guy is standing before me in the room. If someone phoned and said "i might be able to come next tuesday at 1 for an hour can you pencil me in" then I would tell them to call back when they know for sure as a "maybe hopefully" isnt how I take my bookings

If I book in advance with a wg who doesn't know me, obviously to her I could be a time waster for all she knows.

I simply say I'll confirm the booking at any time she wants, which always seems to have worked well. One was a little cautious as she asked for confirmation the day before - when I gave it she then asked me to confirm on the day, neither of which was a problem. I've seen her since and just tell her I'll send a confirmation text on the day of the booking which she's happy with as she knows I'll turn up.

I was using pencilled in more to indicate a confirmation is still required the day before/on the day rather than as something that could be replaced if that makes sense.

I've not done this enough to know whether the confirmation on the day thing is actually the norm or not - trying to learn the ropes (so to speak ;) ) as I go

I was using pencilled in more to indicate a confirmation is still required the day before/on the day rather than as something that could be replaced if that makes sense.

I've not done this enough to know whether the confirmation on the day thing is actually the norm or not - trying to learn the ropes (so to speak ;) ) as I go

It is with some, other girls dont ask for a confirmation on the day. I would still, even from a punters point of view, request a confirmation in response to one from you on the day of the booking. That way you both know where you stand. If you confirmed and got no response personally I probably wouldnt go. A confirmation means you both are on the same page on the right day. 

I consider all bookings definite, confirmation is to have a check-in point in case of absolute disaster and because some, a few people don't consider appointments as a commitment and do not let you know they are not attending. I also insist on confirmation for short notice bookings, and find I have just as many cancellations for short notice bookings, as I do those made in advance. Not bothering to confirm however, is not the same as letting me know you cannot make it. :D

Edited by Strawberry

never more than 2 hours... usually within the hour....usually just pick up the phone and see who's available... i guess i'm a crazy risk taker...

i'm not in the AA either!!! IF only IF I break down... then I will call them... "ooooooooooh" i can hear all you sensible AA members say "but that will cost you more" yeah well its cost me nothing so far.

sorry (and I know this isnt going to go down well) but the thought making an appointment to have sex is not very sexy... to do it days or weeks in advance is a complete turn off and makes me think of close to retirement corporate execs who tuck their vests into their Y fronts, years of corporate meetings, hanging round the golf club and talking about nothing but work has left them so boring and unsexy that they have to put a date in their diary to remember to get an erection... i dont mean to offend but it seems to me that its for guys with low sex drive?

or maybe its the fear of losing out? you want to book her before anyone else does?

but she is a prostitute... there will always be someone else...

sorry, i dont get it.

There's no point in me putting a date in my diary for next month... because I know that what ever day it is i will definitely have an erection and be in the mood for sex.

Edited by ralhar

sorry, i dont get it

You don't have to get it.

You do what works for you, others do what works for them. It's that simple.

Some men seem to like to plan a time to get away, getting away and phoning whilst on the way on the off chance doesn't work for them. I would say;

Opportunity

Wanting to see a particular lady, and no-one else, some men don't want to see anyone. They find someone they like and feel safe with, and stick to them(or a few depending on the first two factors).

Possibly and probably all play a part.

Edited by Strawberry
2 people like this

Just before Xmas I made a booking for the first week back at work in Jan, and when I last met with one of my regulars (I have found two girls that I'm very happy with and see no need to look elsewhere at the moment) I also made tentative plans for Feb which will get confirmed nearer the date

I consider an advanced booking as a set booking. Would you really want a pencilled in booking as that means if a regular phoned up who the girl knew for a fact wanted a definate booking at that time then you "pencilled in" would be scrubbed out. I do however give the guys the time to confirm on the day by a certain time. Things can change so a confirmation is important. Still, if someone ask me for a booking next tuesday at 1pm for an hour as far as I'm concerned thats a definite booking even though you can't actually guarantee anything till the guy is standing before me in the room. If someone phoned and said "i might be able to come next tuesday at 1 for an hour can you pencil me in" then I would tell them to call back when they know for sure as a "maybe hopefully" isnt how I take my bookings

Yes I do the same plus if its a few weeks in advance I ask people to send me an update a few days before just toile sure as far as they we know its still on.

1 person likes this

I'm really not into spur of the moment punts and, anyway, I rather like the frisson of anticipating what’s to come. However, a bane of this profession is flaky WGs! I used to sometimes book up a couple of weeks in advance but on a few occasions found on the day that the appointment was no longer available.

I tend to now book no earlier than 2 or 3 days – perhaps 4 or 5 if a weekend gets in the way – and insist that on the morning of the appointed day I will send a text confirming that the appointment is still on, and abandon it if I don’t get a reply. I once carried on without a reply only to get her friend answer my arrival call to say she’d gone off on holiday on the spur of the moment. Flaky, as I say!

Even for next day appointments I send a text the following morning to check that everything’s OK.

Yes, one of the advantages of booking in advance is chatting about what we are going to next time, I love the anticipation and build up

1 person likes this

I'm not really set up to do last-minute bookings, and much prefer them booked at least 24h in advance, with confirmation 2-3h beforehand.

I think the most advanced booking I've made has been 2 months ahead. Generally it's at least a week, more often 2 or 3 weeks ahead.

I very rarely do spur of the moment punts, and when I've tried generally the wg I've wanted to see was unavailable but very rarely have problems booking in advance.

That would happen to me with UK regulars.  With overseas ones even more months in advance as they plan their travels.  Thus we would know the number of outfits I would bring, shoes, accessories and all the rest.  Lots of laughter sometimes on the fact that I had to bring a small luggage similar in size to their own.

I have made a booking for 2weeks ahead...and kind of like the feeling of anticipation in meeting a girl I have never met before... ;-)

I normally book 2-3 days in advance,to see a regular,and always confirm in the morning of meeting,but sometimes I have the urge for a bit of variety,so will see who takes my fancy at moment in time

For a good many guys, the need to arrange a time when they can disappear" for a couple of hours takes some forward planning; therefore they need to set up an appointment some days, or even weeks, ahead. The longest I have ever booked ahead has been about 4 weeks. I don't do short notice bookings now, since I have come to enjoy the anticipation.

It amuses me when guys decide in the last minute to disappear for a few hours.  When back to reality by switching or checking the phone on and you hear the sound of new messages or missed calls arriving one after another and how they start swearing and apologising and then leaving in hurry whilst preparing some lies for their colleagues  :D

Used to be the maximum of a few hours in advance.Now i travel a bit further which takes far more arranging for me so at least a few days in advance and sometimes more.

Most of my bookings are on the day. Always has been that way. A few are booked in advance, anything from the day before to a month!

It makes more sense to me, I couldn't predict if I would be in the mood for sex a week out! Most of my clients work or live locally and come and see me when they need s bit of fun and relief. I think it's because punting scratches an itch rather than is a hobby.