Guest highland1212

Partiers - Have you ever seen somebody you know at a party?

20 posts in this topic

Probably my biggest fear and reason I don't go more often. Imagine seeing your boss there!

Probably my biggest fear and reason I don't go more often. Imagine seeing your boss there!

Never met anyone that i didnt already know from punting in nearly 300 Parties attended.

Would be frightening but then it will give you something incommon with your boss.......may even spark a great friendship:p;)

Yes, and even though he didn't recognise me (I think), it made me feel uncomfortable. Not for long enough to stop me going to another party by the same organisers, however...

Yes, and even though he didn't recognise me (I think), it made me feel uncomfortable. Not for long enough to stop me going to another party by the same organisers, however...

elaborate please

Would be frightening but then it will give you something incommon with your boss.......may even spark a great friendship:p;)

Now there's a thought. My boss is female (and not bad looking) :confused: !

I bumped into my daughter at a fetish club. :confused:

This question was asked of an party organiser once and she said, yes, she knew of two cases, there was an instance where a guy and his boss met at a party of hers - despite the location being in a part of London where nether of them would ordinarily be.

In another instance, two people spotted each other approaching the venue and dodged around each other in the side-streets for some time before both managed to enter the venue - and discovered the other one already in there.

In 10 years of organising parties its only happened once. 1 guy and his boss both turned up and both enjoyed themselves after a little initial surprise

elaborate please

It was someone with whom I had had a brief work connection well over ten years earlier. It took me a while to place him, though his appearance hadn't changed much. Mine probably had to a greater degree, which is why I think he did not recognise me. I also made sure that I didn't get into conversation with him, in case it jogged his memory.

Strange to be embarrassed in such a relaxed atmosphere, but, as I say, it didn't stop me returning.

I saw someone I'd visited in a gym I belonged to- managed to avoid her and didn't see her in either place again. One of the main reasons I stopped visiting local places.

Having attended a few parties, I would be suprised to see someone I know at one, but the thing is, would it not give you someone to talk to about this little hobby of ours.

I am not saying it would be ideal to meet you neighbour or work employee at one, but its not going to make them sack you, or promote you, or make overtures to your partner.

Even worse if you are the boss who gets seen by the junior. All authority at work gone forever.

It would give you great negotiating power when it came to your pay review !

But its not as if you are going to tell anyone or vice versa, and assuming you are in one of the larger cities where these normally take place it would be in the hundreds of thousands.

But its not as if you are going to tell anyone or vice versa, and assuming you are in one of the larger cities where these normally take place it would be in the hundreds of thousands.

You can only look at it in terms of those that are interested in Parties and actually make that interest a reality by going to one, that is certainly not of course in the hundreds of thousands. What i have found at various Parties is often the same old suspects but i do only Party in London so i suppose its not that unusual. In one week last year i saw the same guy at 3 different providers, we had a good chat and laugh about it, yet have never seen him since.:rolleyes:

The obvious solution is to point and laugh! He's at a sexy party!

I am a regular if infrequent attender of parties dependingon when I can get away. As evryone is there for the same reason I cannot see how it would be a problem other than if discretion wasn't high on the priority of the other guy.

Now there's a thought. My boss is female (and not bad looking) :confused: !

There is always a bright side to life....every cloud has silver lining :D:p

Once at LMP I saw a bloke that I sort of recognised.

A week or so later, he was on TV, and I said out loud "Hey, you'll never guess where I saw him last week!" - completely forgetting where I was and who I was with.

So I was a little lost for words when my wife asked "where?" :D:eek: