Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colonel Bonkers

Keyboard Problems

8 posts in this topic

Perhaps, I hit the wrong key or something, but just this morning my keyboard has become completely jumbled for all the non letter keys. But only when I am on Punternet (or possibly on the Internet too, but I haven't been sounding off on any other site yet, so I can't say). If I work on a normal Word Office document everything is normal.

Solutions?

Have you accidentally hit "Scroll Lock" or "Number Lock"?

Just a thought

Quite possibly, Paul, but in that case I don't understand why it's business as usual when I'm offline. Very probably, when I've switched off and come back on again tomorrow, it will have righted itself. It's not just the Punternet site, by the way. I've just been ranting on another site and there was the same effect there.

Perhaps you have changed a setting from 'UK keyboard' to 'US' (or some other country).

Word/Excel may well take this info from a different place.  When you set up a new computer you often have to put the locality and keyboard mapping in more than 1 place.

Sounds like you may need to take a walk through the settings under control panel.

Perhaps you have changed a setting from 'UK keyboard' to 'US' (or some other country).

Word/Excel may well take this info from a different place.  When you set up a new computer you often have to put the locality and keyboard mapping in more than 1 place.

Sounds like you may need to take a walk through the settings under control panel.

I've probably inadvertently gone onto English from the setting that I usually have. As I say, I'll see if it's sorted itself out by tomorrow. Remarkable how quickly your finger discovers where to find hyphens, question marks, apostrophes and quotes.

Quite possibly, Paul, but in that case I don't understand why it's business as usual when I'm offline. Very probably, when I've switched off and come back on again tomorrow, it will have righted itself. It's not just the Punternet site, by the way. I've just been ranting on another site and there was the same effect there.

Perhaps it is protesting about your ranting. Plenty of folk protest about mine!! :)

1 person likes this

its a mode in your pc.

you need to google your pc type and the problem and some tech forum will tell you how to fix it.

it will be a combination of keys incuding the blue fn key by the left ctrl key

Perhaps it is protesting about your ranting. Plenty of folk protest about mine!! :)

Yes, like cars that object if we don't put our seatbelts on.

Anyway, a new day and everything's back to normal. Thanks for the input, everybody.