Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vivluvsme

Hot Box Northampton

9 posts in this topic

I am getting a warning from my PC anti-virus when I try to go onto the Hot Box website, the site for the parlour that has taken over Temptations Nton.

Anyone else having issues of this sort?

I am getting a warning from my PC anti-virus when I try to go onto the Hot Box website, the site for the parlour that has taken over Temptations Nton.

Anyone else having issues of this sort?

Hi Vivluvsme,

Sorry you seem to be having issues accessing our new website, All we can do is ask our techie genius if there is anything wrong on our end

We have no other members experiencing problems so might just be your Anti Virus software thinking we are a virus LOL

Hope it gets resolved soon. 

The Hot Box Team.   

Thanks for the reply.

It is odd as I have had the same anti-virus for a decade or more and it doesn't stop me going into certain sites i really shouldn't be looking at.

Tried it again to day and still the same blocking page comes up.

Great if it is a glitch with me and not others - I mean that; I can live with it but it would be the worst thing for a new venture if it were a general issue.

What is the box that comes up. Are u sure its your anti virus?. Could be a trojan.

It has a red band across the middle third of the page (nothing of the HB site seen):and says:

Page Blocked

Panda Gold protection has blocked access to this page

Reason: The page contains malware or exploits that could infect your PC

URL blocked: http://www.thehotboxnorthampton.com/

Panda is my anti-virus and has been for years although I don't recall a page like this before; previously with a dodgy site, as far as I recall, Panda put up a panel saying there was a risk in proceeding to the site and did i want to proceed or leave.

I have just done a full scan and nothing showed up.

Would a trojan come up for one (presumably safe) site only?

(This should possibly be moved to the Tech forum?)

Edited by vivluvsme

I tried the Hot Box site again today as nearly every day since the problem arose on my PC and finally the anti-virus screen did not appear.

I run AVG and it hasnt complained.

and my weekly malwarebytes scan hasnt found anything

No I realised I was alone on this from the lack of other posts saying they had it too.

I trust my anti-virus but as I hadn't seen the page before I could not say for certain it was a fake page.

But hopefully that is an end of it and I am happy for HotBox to know i can end my concerns.

Hi Vivluvsme,

So glad you got it sorted , our tech guru said our site was fine no problems, so he reckoned that sometimes anti phishing soft wear can go into paranoid mode for no reason at all & here was me thinking it was only people that got paranoid.