Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
donaldson

Paddington Basin Flats - Quick Question

24 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I am off to see a girl this week at the flats in Paddington basin. I had a quick question and would appreciate your thoughts. These places have a doormen - do you ever get questioned going in or asked who you are seeing? Or is it all very seamless. Don't want to make a slight nerve experience for me more awkward! Thanks for your help!

Don't remember any doorman - but when there is, it isn't usually a problem.

I saw the glorious, but now departed, Julia (aka Helen) at this location, a couple of times, a couple of years back. The first time, I just pressed the buttons and in I went. The second time, I had a little trouble with the entry system and a doorman called over and asked where I was going. I just told him the flat number at which he gave a knowing nod and let me in. Can't guarantee what will happen in a given situation, but I would advise you to act confidently and without embarrassment because they clearly know what is going on in some of the flats. I hope this is helpful.

Regards - DD

Yes, you are right, if the girls are not very discreet, the porters understand what is going on.......

Right! I've walked past porters many times - smile or nod to them, they don't bite! They are there to protect residents from pilferers, crime, unwanted salesmen etc, not to stop residents from letting out apartments. :)

Edited by raylondoner

The key with doormen, receptionists etc is to look as though you belong where you are and have the right to go where you wish to go. This doesn't have to manifest itself in arrogance but simply in self confidence.

1 person likes this

I'd agree - I've not come across a WG working from somewhere with a porter but my brother used to live in a block with portes - I'd occasionally turn up to visit in jeans and tshirt looking totally out of place and they didn't bat an eyelid - even the first time I visited. By the time my brother moved I'd gotten to know them so was normally stopping to say hi rather than just walking by.

Great to hear this works with guys: it drives me mad when porters in these blocks of flats stop me.  They saw me pressing the buzzer for a certain flat, they see me talking to the person in the flat yet they ask me where I am going when I get in the building?  They do this to women only, they hardly bother with men.  Although I am never stopped in hotels.......

Been quite some a few times and they just ignore me. Might look at me but they don't say anything. At first I felt nervous too with doormen but half the time they don't remember who actually stays there and who's visiting

i always engage them in conversation. "Hi, how are you?" Works well

i always engage them in conversation. "Hi, how are you?" Works well

I tried that and for them probably looks like I want to have a long conversation and tell them the story of my life, duh???????!!!!!!!!

Men are getting it so much easier...........

I tried that and for them probably looks like I want to have a long conversation and tell them the story of my life, duh???????!!!!!!!!

Men are getting it so much easier...........

Or you they haven't a clue, think you're flirting with them and want to get into their Calvins. :unsure:

Well you've only got yourself to blame, you need to try and be less sexy!

Edited by Prince Charlie

Lol - so after all that there was no doorman. Bit different experience to the Asian flats whereby you get the impression the whole building is occupied by girls. Having to deal with residents is a bit freaky in Paddington.

Being a numpty, where or what are the Paddington Basin flats?

Being a numpty, where or what are the Paddington Basin flats?

There's a thing called Google that might help you there.

There's a thing called Google that might help you there.

or maybe google earth?

I don't trust Google. A few years ago I Googled " women who have sex for money" and look how that turned out

Lol - the flats and new builds right by Paddington station

I don't trust Google. A few years ago I Googled " women who have sex for money" and look how that turned out

:D   Sure you didn't tick 'I'm feeling lucky'?

Or you they haven't a clue, think you're flirting with them and want to get into their Calvins. :unsure:

Well you've only got yourself to blame, you need to try and be less sexy!

Ha ha, so if you turn up in jeans and a shirt, you should be called sexy and be chatted by porters?

One rule for the boys, another for the girls methinks..............

Ha ha, so if you turn up in jeans and a shirt, you should be called sexy and be chatted by porters?

One rule for the boys, another for the girls methinks..............

all I can say is Phworrr ( and I'd probably still think the same if it was a Bukha), but then I'm a man and can't help myself.

all I can say is Phworrr ( and I'd probably still think the same if it was a Bukha), but then I'm a man and can't help myself.

Then put your behind in a tight pair of jeans and see if you are comfortable if I do the same when you are with your family or work colleagues  :P

Then put your behind in a tight pair of jeans and see if you are comfortable if I do the same when you are with your family or work colleagues  :P

I would feel flattered and embarrassed, but somehow I don't think it would have quite the same effect. :unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ643U7ccpM

I