lancelot

Payg Or Pay Monthly

8 posts in this topic

I just dumped my orange contract as it ran out and I hardly use my phone - got fed up paying £20 a month for 1 or 2 calls and a few texts.

So now I am on PAYG

what works for you? with payg you will never find yourself landed with a big bill - but as I found the other day - at 30p per minute is costly if you need to make a call

I have used £10 in the first month - so I am £10 ahead - but plan to use less

PAYG works just fine for my punting phone. I use only for arranging my "alternative" activities; I put in £20 as and when I feel the need and I see no serious disadvantages.

I think PAYG is fine for very occasional use. It's what I went for with my work phone, but don't think it was a great idea as thanks to cretins I have to send pointless texts to, I spend almost as much, if not more, than I would have on a contract...

Contract is best for me due to my usage but when I had a punting phone I used Tesco mobile PAYG.

If you put a tenner credit they make it up to £30. Any usage comes off the credit Tesco gives you first, which has to be used within the month. Your original credit rolls over if there's any left. My punting phone tenner lasted me well over a year!

Look at giff gaff. They have a £7.50 goodybag that will probably do. Data Iincluded.

Contract is best for me due to my usage but when I had a punting phone I used Tesco mobile PAYG.

If you put a tenner credit they make it up to £30. Any usage comes off the credit Tesco gives you first, which has to be used within the month. Your original credit rolls over if there's any left. My punting phone tenner lasted me well over a year!

I am with Burty on this one but I decided long ago I was not a smartphone needer and so I use Tesco for my main phone - a secondhand (£7.50) Nokia.

If I had more friends ...

I just dumped my orange contract as it ran out and I hardly use my phone - got fed up paying £20 a month for 1 or 2 calls and a few texts.

So now I am on PAYG

what works for you? with payg you will never find yourself landed with a big bill - but as I found the other day - at 30p per minute is costly if you need to make a call

I have used £10 in the first month - so I am £10 ahead - but plan to use less

If you have a mobile phone already and have no wish upgrade, i always go for sim only contracts. They're great because you get a decent amount of calls/texts/data for less than £20 per month, with no long term contracts.

I think virgin mobile do pretty decent deals, also:

Three do too for £13 p.m (roll over/month to month) you're not tied into a long term contract and you get 600 cross network mins, unlimited texts, 1GB data & free 08(00) numbers.

I have been using lyca and lebara for punting and such. payg data etc, decent prices, no registrations etc. unless you wish to access adult. ok for their deal prices. but who ever uses that much?