Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dick78

Reverse Booking On Aw - Bids

34 posts in this topic

If I put up an RB request and ask for two hours with a maximum of £350.00, when someone who normally charges £250.00 or £275.00 for two hours bids at £350.00, is it unreasonable of me to ask whether they will be charging me their normal rate?

I see little point in paying an extra £100.00 for something for no good reason.  Am I wrong here?

If I put up an RB request and ask for two hours with a maximum of £350.00, when someone who normally charges £250.00 or £275.00 for two hours bids at £350.00, is it unreasonable of me to ask whether they will be charging me their normal rate?

I see little point in paying an extra £100.00 for something for no good reason. Am I wrong here?

Nothing wrong with that.

I hardly bid on RBs but ones I have done and say the hour has been £150 my hourly rate is £120 so I will lower the rate to that and then bid.

I wouldn't expect someone to pay an extra £30 nevermind £100 just because they are willing and put up a reverse bid.

So it's more than fine!

Personally I think it's out of order if a WG was to bid at £350 when her normal rate is £250! I wouldn't be choosing a girl who does that if I were you :) x

I've only put up one reverse bid, but personally I'd just state the exact amount I wanted to pay for the booking - no "up to".

Then the wg can decide whether she wants to either agree to what you're offering or maybe bid less if she wants to win the bid / booking.

You'll still get bids for more than the price you're willing to pay, and I bet you'll get bids at £350 even though the wg normally charges less!

If the RB is an "up to", surely it's up to the wg to state the rate she's willing to do the bookng for anyway otherwise what's the point of a reverse booking?

Edited by Burty

I think you just have to state a maximum price, so up to is unavoidable.

Personally I think it's out of order if a WG was to bid at £350 when her normal rate is £250! I wouldn't be choosing a girl who does that if I were you :) x

I agree but that also depends on her various attributes and alleged skill sets :cool:

I agree but that also depends on her various attributes and alleged skill sets :cool:

If you are willing to pay £100 more than a girls advertised rate that is totally up to you.

But to me that girl just sees it as easy money and is probably hoping you're stupid enough not to notice her rates and book her for that! lol.

When you think about it, you are initially paying £100 extra just because someone bid on your RB, when you could easily delete your RB and go book that same girl by calling her number which means you will pay her advertised rate and save £100...

Edited by TightYoungEbony

If I ever do another RB (unlikely) I'd be stating a rate lower than what I'd normally pay to see a regular...

I never went ahead with the reverse bid I placed but did message the bidders explaining why. A couple of whom I kept details of, one girl I'd not noticed before in searches and I went on to see her about 10 times so her bid paid off! :)

There is nothing wrong with asking if they will do it for lower but as you offered that fee they are entitled to bid on it at that fee. You may find someone feeling insulted that you dont think they are worth what you chose to offer. Perhaps better to pick someone else and then book the lower fee lady separately from the rb at a later date. Avoid hurty feelings

The thing is, I guess you offered that much hoping to get a massive discount from a girl who charges more usually, thats not guaranteed, you put the bid out, you get the bids you get. 

Edited by Chloe Kisses
1 person likes this

I dont I think its opportunistic, its hopeful, just as when the guy puts out the rb he is hopeful he will get someone cheaper than normal. Same difference 

1 person likes this

Nothing wrong with that.

I hardly bid on RBs but ones I have done and say the hour has been £150 my hourly rate is £120 so I will lower the rate to that and then bid.

I wouldn't expect someone to pay an extra £30 nevermind £100 just because they are willing and put up a reverse bid.

So it's more than fine!

I hardly do either, I did bid on 2 the other day, wait and see time

I hardly do either, I did bid on 2 the other day, wait and see time

I bid on two the other day muself, one of which emailed me asking how much extra is bareback!

After that I remembered why I didn't bother to look at reverse bookings... X

1 person likes this

I automatically delete those that bid above their normal price. I have on occasion had bids much lower than the normal price. Usually they are working from a hotel with the result that a reduced rate punt is better than no punt. Equally I have accepted a bid above my proposed rate but still a reduced rate.  The sensible ones send a note with their bid explain why they are offering a particular rate.

I'd have to buy credits to put on an RB. How do you you guys do that? I don't trust AW enough to give them my card details.

If you are willing to pay £100 more than a girls advertised rate that is totally up to you.

But to me that girl just sees it as easy money and is probably hoping you're stupid enough not to notice her rates and book her for that! lol.

When you think about it, you are initially paying £100 extra just because someone bid on your RB, when you could easily delete your RB and go book that same girl by calling her number which means you will pay her advertised rate and save £100...

I am not contemplating paying over the regular rate but I would be very happy to see the bidder at her regular rate - I might be a punter but I'm not stupid.  All I mean't was that she seemed to fit the bill, or better, so the slightly cheeky bid could be overlooked if it could be negotiated down.

And a very polite and courteous email confirmed that she would be more than happy to see me at her regular rate and that is was never her intention to do otherwise....

I'd have to buy credits to put on an RB. How do you you guys do that? I don't trust AW enough to give them my card details.

You can buy UKash vouchers over the counter and use them for AW credits. No need to use a card if you don't want to...

2 people like this

There is nothing wrong with asking if they will do it for lower but as you offered that fee they are entitled to bid on it at that fee. You may find someone feeling insulted that you dont think they are worth what you chose to offer. Perhaps better to pick someone else and then book the lower fee lady separately from the rb at a later date. Avoid hurty feelings

The thing is, I guess you offered that much hoping to get a massive discount from a girl who charges more usually, thats not guaranteed, you put the bid out, you get the bids you get. 

I put up an RB at the maximum I was prepared to pay and I'm quite happy to see what the result was.  In my experience, some girls will come in at less than their regular rate but many don't, and that wasn't the intention.   But I do think that bidding at well over your regular rate, which is plain to see,  simply because someone has a budget higher than that is a bit daft.

Add two polite emails both got the same response which was that the regular rate was the proposed one.   I'm just puzzled as to the logic of asking more than you would normally for a very ordinary time of day and day of the week.

Does it matter, you can still make your choice.

I'd say they are probably chancing their arm, or they are winging through a long list entering the maximum amount as standard. If you do fancy seeing them then you could ask, something like "I noticed you have a lower rate for this time on your profile, could you explain why you bid higher than your usual rate?".

Without being them there is no way of knowing, it has however gotten your attention!

I am not contemplating paying over the regular rate but I would be very happy to see the bidder at her regular rate - I might be a punter but I'm not stupid. All I mean't was that she seemed to fit the bill, or better, so the slightly cheeky bid could be overlooked if it could be negotiated down.

And a very polite and courteous email confirmed that she would be more than happy to see me at her regular rate and that is was never her intention to do otherwise....

If that's the case she should've changed the bid to what her rate is.

You have the ability to do that when bidding on bids, so if she didn't change the amount, then it most likely means she was hoping you'd see her for that rate, or she could just be one of those WGs who bids on every single RB without reading it, but hey you never know so always good to email.

It's not uncommon it happens all the time and some punters don't even take the time to read the girls usual rates.

Edited by TightYoungEbony
1 person likes this

If I make an RB, how explicit do you think I can be with my requests?

My way of thinking is you might as well spell out what you're after...then the bidders know what they're bidding for! Worst case is you'll get no one interested and lose 2 quid...

1 person likes this

It's your RB, you're paying for it so be as explicit as you want.

I doubt yours can be as bad as the regular one that comes up for Birmingham a guy who wants a WG to take extreme hard sports for two hours!!!!!!

1 person likes this

It's your RB, you're paying for it so be as explicit as you want.

I doubt yours can be as bad as the regular one that comes up for Birmingham a guy who wants a WG to take extreme hard sports for two hours!!!!!!

Blimey! No, I don't think mine is anything like that. I'm trying to find a shorter way of getting what I need, as opposed to emails,

Blimey! No, I don't think mine is anything like that. I'm trying to find a shorter way of getting what I need, as opposed to emails,

I'd still recommend confirming everything in advance of the booking. As some of the ladies have said some wg's just bid and don't all read what they're bidding for...

And I thought it was only us punters who didn't pay attention to profiles and the like! :P

1 person likes this

I'd still recommend confirming everything in advance of the booking. As some of the ladies have said some wg's just bid and don't all read what they're bidding for...

And I thought it was only us punters who didn't pay attention to profiles and the like! :P

Sounds like a good plan

I put up an RB at the maximum I was prepared to pay and I'm quite happy to see what the result was.  In my experience, some girls will come in at less than their regular rate but many don't, and that wasn't the intention.   But I do think that bidding at well over your regular rate, which is plain to see,  simply because someone has a budget higher than that is a bit daft.

Add two polite emails both got the same response which was that the regular rate was the proposed one.   I'm just puzzled as to the logic of asking more than you would normally for a very ordinary time of day and day of the week.

Its just as I said, taking chance, it would either play out for her or it wouldnt. If you offer that much then you can't really complain that someone bid on it for that much can you, you are hoping you will get an expensive girl for a lot less, she is hoping you wont check her prices, both on a wing and a prayer to get as much as you can out of that booking arent you lol

Thing is though, she ISNT asking more, she is simply saying she is happy to accept YOUR OFFER of more. See the difference x

1 person likes this

Does it matter, you can still make your choice.

I'd say they are probably chancing their arm, or they are winging through a long list entering the maximum amount as standard. If you do fancy seeing them then you could ask, something like "I noticed you have a lower rate for this time on your profile, could you explain why you bid higher than your usual rate?".

Without being them there is no way of knowing, it has however gotten your attention!

exactly...to all of it