JKay

Poxy Java

16 posts in this topic

Can not get into chat using IE11, no matter how many times I download Java I cant get in, I can with Firefox so why not IE, bollox.

Can not get into chat using IE11, no matter how many times I download Java I cant get in, I can with Firefox so why not IE, bollox.

Dont use poxy IE then.

Dont use poxy IE then.

Just being stubborn.

Because Java is a pile of poo that remembers the second that you have updated that they  have another update for you. Sometimes I get in with 3 clicks sometimes lately...6???

Java seems to update several times a day, or at least that is how it feels.

If someone wanted a way to spread a worm..........only saying.

Edited by Strawberry

I was about to write that I've not been able to get in via firefox for months now, but decided to give it one more try. Et voila! I'm in. No idea why. Java has been blocking it and FF was telling me to get an addon. It seems to have fixed itself for now...

Had no issues getting in through Safari though.

I think that Firefox blocked older versions of Java, as there were security issues. I've just gut a recent version and all seems to be well....for a time.

I.e 11 has many issues, especially with Java. If your Java applet version is above 1.6 (quite old now), then it "should" work. Alternatively put "punternet.com" in your list of sites to run in compatibility mode

Navster

The trouble us we run such a ramshackle bag of software when browsing all by different software houses and with no-one making sure it hangs together properly that the wonder is that it works at all.

The faults here are with the Browser, IE has alwalys been rubbish and FF seemed to have lost the plot over the last couple of years turning from the best (fastests & most stable) to almost as bad as IE.  Unreliable, bloated and slow.

Java is one of the most important programming languages that exist running a very close second with C in terms of usage.  However it is not really essential for Browsers generally.  However it is needed for the chat here so what ever tools you choose to use keep it updated with the latest patches.

I suggest installing the latest release of Java 8 and use it with Chrome for the most reliable experience.

The faults here are with the Browser, IE has alwalys been rubbish and FF seemed to have lost the plot over the last couple of years turning from the best (fastests & most stable) to almost as bad as IE.  Unreliable, bloated and slow.

Java is one of the most important programming languages that exist running a very close second with C in terms of usage.  However it is not really essential for Browsers generally.  However it is needed for the chat here so what ever tools you choose to use keep it updated with the latest patches.

I suggest installing the latest release of Java 8 and use it with Chrome for the most reliable experience.

Um

I have noticed FF guzzling CPU when running scripts recently so something is not right.  I think praps i should start using chrome more.

but can you unblock right click with chrome?

Um

I have noticed FF guzzling CPU when running scripts recently so something is not right.  I think praps i should start using chrome more.

but can you unblock right click with chrome?

The architecture of FF is flawed.  It runs as a single process, that process as well as handling the communication, rendering the webpage etc, is also responsible for handling the FF UI.  So when there is problem on the webpage FF itself is also impacted.  Chrome runs all these in seperate processes, so even if there is problem on a web page it can still operate.

Chrome can stop web sites disabling right click.

Can you personalise Chrome ? - like firefox about:config   (here be dragons)