Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigjohn9

Is There Anybody There?

19 posts in this topic

I am just wondering why so few people seem to post from Yorkshire and the North East. I am aware of a few members who certainly are from the area - maybe not as many as 5 years ago but there are still some.

Now i realise the Yorkshire itself has quite a well used regional forum and i can see the sense in a lot of people using that to communicate as it does seem to get a good deal off traffic. And i presume that must be where all the Yorkies are because there are precious few posts on the Yorkshire part of the other major national forum,

But the regional forum in the north east (X North) has died a death in recent years. Admittedly the morth east part of the other major national forum does get well used but i would have thought there was still room for this part of PN.

If you are from the NE or Yorkshire and have not posted in here before what would encourage you to do so? Or are all we northerners a bit to subdued to want to exchange views on the seen this side of the Penines?

Your post assumes, I guess, that we all state our regional origins accurately on our registration pages. What if some of us tell lies on our registration pages and, for example, Porkerville is really located in deepest Home Counties Surrey!! Could you tell the difference, since accents are not detected when typing!

Yorkshire Born and Yorkshire Bred - Strong in Arm and Good in Bed ... as the saying goes !

Nowt wrong with flat hats, whippets and ferrets.

We don't post that often as we don't want  to make the rest of the country envious when up here we can still get a 30 min punt for £50  and £90 for a full hour.  

3 people like this

It is strange as I get a hell of alot of traffic from Southern fellas down in Leeds.

Yorkshire chatup line . Get yer coat luv. You've pulled.

Yorkshire foreplay. Brace yersen lass

Yorkshire Born and Yorkshire Bred - Strong in Arm and Good in Bed ... as the saying goes !

We don't post that often as we don't want  to make the rest of the country envious when up here we can still get a 30 min punt for £50  and £90 for a full hour.

Quite so Bert. But this is just between us northerners (providing we gag and hogtie Porker Paul so he does not tell anyone else - on second thoughts best not as he may enjoy that!).

And, of course, if you are a bit short before payday some places will do a 15 min wank-job for £30

It is strange as I get a hell of alot of traffic from Southern fellas down in Leeds.

So do many of your clients mention PN Bibi? Or is it not familar to most Leeds punters?

Why is there no RLD in Newcastle?

It doesn't need one.

Nowt wrong with being born and raised in God's own County  ;) . ( I nearly said "born and bred", but we don't have much much breeding Oop North, compared to you Southern Toffs.  :D )

Some of us even retired back here after years of earning a daily crust in other, less enjoyable places !

Sorry for my ignorance, Bongo, but what is RLD ?  :unsure:

1 person likes this

Hi Pastit, it was just a bit a local humour like.

I overheard a woman with her bairn on the bus back from Elizabeth Dukes to Percy Main. The bairn says 'Mam, can I have a book for me birthday'. The Mam says 'What for, I got you one last year'.

So do many of your clients mention PN Bibi? Or is it not familar to most Leeds punters?

I've had a couple of Yorkshire clients mention punternet and some of the Yorkshire lads on local forums know of it but I tend to get more Southern based clients who are passing through Leeds who find me on here.

Just a plug for x-north: the forum part of it is like a well-off pensioner with a free bus pass. It's almost never used as bigjohn9 says.

But for the Tyne/Tees area the listings of featured indies  and the daily agency listings  are still excellent tools imv.

( plus the 1 in Cumbria and Yorkshire of course ).

Edited by bongo

Yes the forum died a death in the last 4 or 5 years which is a shame.

Middlesbrough here, but wondering what is the other forum?

Can I just add I am not dead   :)

Yes the forum does lack spark at the moment, most of the action has moved to ... (       ) fill in the blank,  

But for daily listings of who is available its more up to date than that purple palace with out the European problem. 

All the girls on xnorth are there to work, not just flog you pics.

happy punting all. 

Im from West Yorks with 20 plus years scene experience.

PM me if anyone fancies a chat.

Can I just add I am not dead   :)

Yes the forum does lack spark at the moment, most of the action has moved to ... (       ) fill in the blank,  

But for daily listings of who is available its more up to date than that purple palace with out the European problem. 

All the girls on xnorth are there to work, not just flog you pics.

happy punting all. 

Yes sorry i was not trying to indicate that XNorth was no more and it does still represent a good and reliable link to indies and agencies within the northeast of England. However postings from members to educate and entertain one another have become a thing of the past which is sad. 

And i would say i am as much to blame for this state of affairs as anyone as i have not posted on their for years).