Jimmyredcab

Manila

24 posts in this topic

Just spent 7 nights in Manila, very different to Bangkok but many different options for mongering from Go-Go bars to freelancers, can't do a full report on here but this link will take you to my full trip report -------

http://www.worldsexguide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42457

Happy to answer any questions but bear in mind this was my first visit so I am no expert on the Philippines. :eek:

Just spent 7 nights in Manila, very different to Bangkok but many different options for mongering from Go-Go bars to freelancers, can't do a full report on here but this link will take you to my full trip report -------

http://www.worldsexguide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42457

Happy to answer any questions but bear in mind this was my first visit so I am no expert on the Philippines. :eek:

/

HI JIMMY welcome back i know you must be very tired but very simple question which one did you prefer ?

i am off to bangkok in jan after an absence of 20 years

/

HI JIMMY welcome back i know you must be very tired but very simple question which one did you prefer ?

i am off to bangkok in jan after an absence of 20 years

just finished reading all your reports about manila your conclusion is bangkok with manil a as a side trip ? .

keep it up jimmy

just finished reading all your reports about manila your conclusion is bangkok with manil a as a side trip ? .

keep it up jimmy

Yes, as far as cities go Bangkok easily beats Manila for the following reasons, it is safer to walk around at night, better infrastructure, better food and nightlife.

Manila also seems more expensive than Bangkok with some barfines at £55 which is crazy in a country where the minimum wage is under £5 a day.:eek:

Good read, like the bit about the cab fare and you only having gone from downstairs to upstairs.:eek:

Seriously though, having not ventured there, do you have to be wary of security guys in these places. I mean, say you unintentionally upset a girl (like refusing the cab fare for instance) are you likely to be beaten to pulp and chucked out?

Good read, like the bit about the cab fare and you only having gone from downstairs to upstairs.:eek:

Seriously though, having not ventured there, do you have to be wary of security guys in these places. I mean, say you unintentionally upset a girl (like refusing the cab fare for instance) are you likely to be beaten to pulp and chucked out?

LA Cafe is a freelancer venue, the security guys are there to vet people entering the club, they don't give westerners any hassle ----unless of course you decide to start a fight in which case you will almost certainly lose.

Whatever business or deals you do with the ladies is of no interest to the security guys.

LA Cafe is a freelancer venue, the security guys are there to vet people entering the club, they don't give westerners any hassle ----unless of course you decide to start a fight in which case you will almost certainly lose.

Whatever business or deals you do with the ladies is of no interest to the security guys.

Ah I see, so basically its a pick up place and any girl that's there is working on her own finding any punter she can. Is that correct?

Ah I see, so basically its a pick up place and any girl that's there is working on her own finding any punter she can. Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct, similar to places in Bangkok such as the infamous Beer Garden or the Thermae ------- every girl in these venues is "available", no danger of approaching a "nice girl" :eek:;)

Bangkok is a much better trip than Pinas,manila isnt as scenic nor as safe thats a fact,LA cafe has always been a mecca for guys,it was a south-east asian institution back in the days known as Rosies-diner,the street its based on used to be one of the best red-light districts in the world till Mayor Lim closed it down in the early 1990's.Philippine food isnt on par with thai,no comparrison whatsoever,also Pinas is indeed more expensive than thailand,though £55 is expensive,fly an hour south and you can get all-night for £7. :eek:

Bangkok is a much better trip than Pinas,manila isnt as scenic nor as safe thats a fact,LA cafe has always been a mecca for guys,it was a south-east asian institution back in the days known as Rosies-diner,the street its based on used to be one of the best red-light districts in the world till Mayor Lim closed it down in the early 1990's.Philippine food isnt on par with thai,no comparrison whatsoever,also Pinas is indeed more expensive than thailand,though £55 is expensive,fly an hour south and you can get all-night for £7. :eek:

where do you fly to south ? £7 for all night ?

do you mean angeles city ?

thanks

Angeles is just north of Manila,price inflations due to every man and his dog heading there,yes £7 all night,Davao city or cebu city are bot a short flight away and far,far cheaper than anywhere on Luzon :eek:

A lot of the girls who actually work in Angeles are visayan or cebuanas,they flock north because of the prices Angeles attracts,lots are from Samar,Leyte and suchlikes.

That figure of £55 is for the barfine in the hostess bars of P. Borgos, the girl would expect a similar amount, one girl did offer to visit my room later in the night but I declined as those bars do not close until 4am or even later and it was only 10 pm at the time.

Yup,I know Burgos strip,the problem with manila and angeles is prices are inflated because thats where most western guys go,try goldfields complex in Bacolod and watch your prices half,I remember fields avenue in Angeles when it used to be nicknamed "Blow-row" because nearly every bar offered BJ on the rocks and a game called "Smiles".Fly to mindanao or negros next time,visit discos such as "Why-not" in Dgte,very cheap in comparison to manila and the flights arent wallet-bursting if you book a promo.:eek:

Yup,I know Burgos strip,the problem with manila and angeles is prices are inflated because thats where most western guys go,try goldfields complex in Bacolod and watch your prices half,I remember fields avenue in Angeles when it used to be nicknamed "Blow-row" because nearly every bar offered BJ on the rocks and a game called "Smiles".Fly to mindanao or negros next time,visit discos such as "Why-not" in Dgte,very cheap in comparison to manila and the flights arent wallet-bursting if you book a promo.:eek:

Angeles City is still very cheap, at least by western standards, it costs 1350 pesos to take a girl from the bar which is about £18 and that includes her fee, Manila is a different thing altogether.

Not all parts of Manila are expensive,theres still places near airport road in paranaque,besides,your getting westerner prices,a taxi driver friend of mine pays 1-200 pesos :eek: Look for street ladies in parts of Quezon,down by Baclaran,theres loads of action around if you get away from the tourist areas like ermita,makati etc :rolleyes:

Angeles is just north of Manila,price inflations due to every man and his dog heading there,yes £7 all night,Davao city or cebu city are bot a short flight away and far,far cheaper than anywhere on Luzon :eek:

Looks like I am off to Cebu city..LOL

Cebu or Mactan,mactans the airport you will be flying into,theres bars and nightlife,or you can go uptown near fuente,theres bars around,or head down near Junquera street,to the infamous basketball courts,hundreds of women,some good,some bad,some indifferent :)The basic rule of thumb is the further south you go the cheaper things become ;)Its like a reverse north/south divide :eek: Most westerners dont go to places like Davao,gensan,or zamboanga so the ladies charge less :rolleyes:

Yes, as far as cities go Bangkok easily beats Manila for the following reasons, it is safer to walk around at night, better infrastructure, better food and nightlife.

Manila also seems more expensive than Bangkok with some barfines at £55 which is crazy in a country where the minimum wage is under £5 a day.:eek:

You should have found the WG's in the provinces... Santa Cruz Laguna at the Travvellers Lodge Motel has a great choice... very cheap from 1000 pesos. I have been there many times.

Thanks again JRC, I look forward to my first trip to Manila.

Manila also seems more expensive than Bangkok with some barfines at £55 which is crazy in a country where the minimum wage is under £5 a day.:D

You see jimmy ,having read the above ,after you came back from manila ,made me head to BANGKOK in may 09 . My original plan was to hit Manila .

I still , would like to visit Manila and angeles city,but i hear Cebu is best and cheaper .

So many places to visit .

N e 1 seriously considering hittin the PI shud get onto the following website asap :

www.dateinasia.com

90% of female users are pinay. Most are actively looking for a husband but that does not mean they are averse to a bit of paid fun either.

My advice is to logon a couple of weeks b4 your PI trip and tell girls you are visiting their country for the first time and you need sum 1 to show u around. Do not tell them u r married is thats the case but make it clear u will b on your own.

If you hit it lucky, you cud find urself with a deliteful but impoverished 18 year old girlfriend for your entire stay who will be yours for a cellphone and a few nice meals.

Good luck chaps :rolleyes:

manila and angeles are the only places i have actually felt worried walking around. when locals tell you they wont walk 500m home because they are scared of being robbed tells you something.

angeles has almost nothing apart from mount pinatabou ( spelling ?) to keep a visitor occupied apart from the bars. manilla is ok but again can be dangerous and dull. 6 years ago they were searching shopping mall entrances for weapons with a metal detector, by comparison bkk is a playground.

I wouldnt go back there.

Is jurassic bar still open opposite LA bar?

manila and angeles are the only places i have actually felt worried walking around. when locals tell you they wont walk 500m home because they are scared of being robbed tells you something.

angeles has almost nothing apart from mount pinatabou ( spelling ?) to keep a visitor occupied apart from the bars. manilla is ok but again can be dangerous and dull. 6 years ago they were searching shopping mall entrances for weapons with a metal detector, by comparison bkk is a playground.

I wouldnt go back there.

My experience of the Philippines is very limited, only one 15 night visit under my belt but I never felt threatened ------- having said that I did stick to the main tourist areas and got taxis at night.

This is a very poor country so it is not a good idea to walk around wearing expensive jewellery or to carry more cash than you need.

Personally I would return as I like the fact that English is so widely spoken.;)