Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TartanTam

How certain do you need to be!.

16 posts in this topic

I was intrested in seeing a lady whom I had noticed a few weeks ago, and decided to make the effort of sending her an e-mail about a possable booking.

I was when i wrote the e-mail, fairly certain about a day when i would be in the area, and told her that the booking is not confirmed but I would confirm this the following day.

Well its come to pass that im not able to make the journey, as what I thought was free time for me, was in fact not quite what a family member had in mind, so I have had to apologise and hope the lady will agree to see me at a later date.

I was over 75% certain it would be okay, and now feel gutted at missing out on some hot time, is 75% certain good enough to make enquires about a booking, or should you be more certain when your making contact for the first time.

I was intrested in seeing a lady whom I had noticed a few weeks ago, and decided to make the effort of sending her an e-mail about a possable booking.

I was when i wrote the e-mail, fairly certain about a day when i would be in the area, and told her that the booking is not confirmed but I would confirm this the following day.

Well its come to pass that im not able to make the journey, as what I thought was free time for me, was in fact not quite what a family member had in mind, so I have had to apologise and hope the lady will agree to see me at a later date.

I was over 75% certain it would be okay, and now feel gutted at missing out on some hot time, is 75% certain good enough to make enquires about a booking, or should you be more certain when your making contact for the first time.

I make an enquiry when it suits me, at this stage i may be wanting a quick chat on the phone from which in my experience i can gauge something about the ladies attitude and friendliness although its not infallible of course. So i dont make a booking on every ocassion i ring. Its not timewasting either as in my experience some ladies sites lie about services on offer or are not up to date about her services so i require confirmation from the lady.

However, i usually nowadays make same day bookings, so ring in the morning for say a 2pm appointment and i will confirm there and then knowing i have either already researched the lady or am prepared to take a risk in search of a gem.

I don't mind someone making an enquiry but, if they aren't sure I will tell them to call back and book when they know they are (sure that is).

I don't mind someone making an enquiry but, if they aren't sure I will tell them to call back and book when they know they are (sure that is).

yes strawberry, but will you answer reasonable queries by phone or email, even though a booking may be far from certain ?

Yes I will and certainly do. Just had a couple of calls this afternoon asking to clarify my location, services etc. Fairly normal occurance and with no mention of an appointment.

Only time I might get unwilling is if someone phones several times in a short period asking the same things, wanting really indepth info or 'sexy chat'. Sometimes guys just want to make contact, verify a few things. Not a problem as long as it stays reasonable.

Hey,Loads of people make enquirys before actually going ahead with a booking aslong as you let the lady in question know it's just an enquiry she will be more then happy to help ya whether its via email/phone.

In any other industry you enquire before setting anything in stone and it's the same in this one :D

Hey,Loads of people make enquirys before actually going ahead with a booking aslong as you let the lady in question know it's just an enquiry she will be more then happy to help ya whether its via email/phone.

In any other industry you enquire before setting anything in stone and it's the same in this one

:D

Crystal, not all ladies have your friendly attitude and business sense, this industry is pretty unique -------- what other service do you pay for upfront, would you pay your hairdresser upfront, of course not. :D

Yes I will and certainly do. Just had a couple of calls this afternoon asking to clarify my location, services etc. Fairly normal occurance and with no mention of an appointment.

Only time I might get unwilling is if someone phones several times in a short period asking the same things, wanting really indepth info or 'sexy chat'. Sometimes guys just want to make contact, verify a few things. Not a problem as long as it stays reasonable.

You are extremely accommodating. Your website is fairly comprehensive and there should be no need for in depth phone chats........if you are getting several calls then that bears all the hallmarks of a timewaster.

Crystal, not all ladies have your friendly attitude and business sense, this industry is pretty unique -------- what other service do you pay for upfront, would you pay your hairdresser upfront, of course not. :D

There is many things you have to pay upfront for... Deliverys, Take away food, Gym memberships, Hotels

You wouldnt just book a Hotel without knowing what you were expecting first you would always ring or email to enquire.. xx

There is many things you have to pay upfront for... Deliverys, Take away food, Gym memberships, Hotels

Maybe not the best examples.

How could a restaurant let you take food away without paying. ??????

With most decent hotels you settle the bill on checking out. :D

Well chaps tell me they have only been able to grab my phone number before a relative came in/PC crashed/are viewing on their mobile so can't see my pics or the services page. Other guys say they haven't read the ad or have taken my number from a listing since they didn't realise you could click through to my website.

Are these reasons genuine or not?

Are these reasons genuine or not?

Of course they are genuine reasons, perhaps not in every case, but it is not hard to imagine the circumstances you describe being true. Sometimes you will just see a post/comment to the effect that this is one hot bitch, and you just scribble down the name and phone number, thinking you could pick it up and run with it from there.

That's why I get the odd guy disgruntled when he hasn't read my location and has presumed I'm in Newcastle/Liverpool/Birmingham as he wants someone to pop over to his hotel in the next hour. Had someone almost accuse me of being misleading a while back. Does say on my site where I am!

I asked because, I had wanted to see a certain lady, and wanted to know where about she does her incalls from, I thought at the time I was going to be okay as I had time available to spend.

Due to the daughter having a change of mind about christmas shopping, I was not available to travel as I first thought, so I had to say that the booking would not be confirmed at the time, as it was only a general enquiry, but I was hoping that it was about to come to fruition.

I requested that I have not blown a chance to see her in the new year, and that I hope she does not view me as a time waster, that was why i asked about the 75% certain I was at the time.

As long as you made it clear you weren't making a booking I don't see the problem. Sometimes it happens the other way - a guy will ring and ask if you are available Wednesday late morning/early afternoon. You say "Yes" he then says "I'll ring when I'm in town then". I take that as NOT a booking then on the day he rings gets VM if I'm busy or with a client, or gets me and asks where to come to. I then say I already have a couple of appointments lined up, am fully booked. He then gets a bit upset, stroppy even either at myself or via VM messages because he'd told me he would be in town that day.

Had a few like this in my early days but I've now learned to ask "Would you like to make that a booking?", although some seem to find that they are then under pressure to commit - all I'm trying to do is ascertain what the guy actually requires.

As long as you made it clear you weren't making a booking I don't see the problem. Sometimes it happens the other way - a guy will ring and ask if you are available Wednesday late morning/early afternoon. You say "Yes" he then says "I'll ring when I'm in town then". I take that as NOT a booking then on the day he rings gets VM if I'm busy or with a client, or gets me and asks where to come to. I then say I already have a couple of appointments lined up, am fully booked. He then gets a bit upset, stroppy even either at myself or via VM messages because he'd told me he would be in town that day.

Had a few like this in my early days but I've now learned to ask "Would you like to make that a booking?", although some seem to find that they are then under pressure to commit - all I'm trying to do is ascertain what the guy actually requires.

Assuming the guy has seen your website and lkes what he sees the initial phone call should be short and sweet and to the pont........namely fixing upon a mutually convenient time for a booking. When I ring up a lady I always begin by stating that I wish to book an appointment for such and such a day and ask if she is available.