JKay

Anyone Using Pay As You Go 3Mobile Dongels ?

11 posts in this topic

When mine is topped up with credit, even when I am in a poor reception area its still workable and at home the performance is good, but if it runs out of credit and I try and top it up with a voucher the account page takes for ever to work through each page, the last couple of days its just keeps either timing out or get an error message.

I think I may have to give them a call on the help line, but how do I find the phone number of my dongle?

Do you have an iphone? you could do away with your dongle and get unlimited internet from your provider and make your iPhone a hotspot and connect to it you can add  a few connections to, by wifi or usb, and I find its faster than the dongle.

I had the same problem with the dongle gave up and used the hotspot.

Edited by GirlAboutTown

don't have iphone, just a basic £10 throw away punting phone!

You dont need an ipbone. You can use an android too.

Simple samsung android unlocked on giffgafg for under seventy quid

I recently used my fairly bottom of the range android phone to provide wifi for my once again, also very basic tablet whilst travelling and I found it worked fine, signal was intermittent due to me being on a train, but still workable. Beats struggling with the dongle!

I recently used my fairly bottom of the range android phone to provide wifi for my once again, also very basic tablet whilst travelling and I found it worked fine, signal was intermittent due to me being on a train, but still workable. Beats struggling with the dongle!

Could you do the same with a BlackBerry Curve do you think?

I need to use a dongle, using a tethered smartphone would not work for what I use it for.

The software for the dongle should have a way of telling you - my old vodafone one did. Alternatively take said dongle into the relevant store and they can tell you.

Could you do the same with a BlackBerry Curve do you think?

I also have a Blackberry, I don't know how to convert that into a wifi hotspot, but I think it is possible to tether it, perhaps via a cable.

Here you go, looks a bit more complicated than the android but interestingly enough there are times when I find the Blackberry receives a much better 3G signal than the android.

http://ee.co.uk/help/phones-and-device/blackberry/blackberry-curve-9360/blackberry-curve-9360-internet-and-applications/blackberry-curve-9360---tethering

Edited by Strawberry

When mine is topped up with credit, even when I am in a poor reception area its still workable and at home the performance is good, but if it runs out of credit and I try and top it up with a voucher the account page takes for ever to work through each page, the last couple of days its just keeps either timing out or get an error message.

I think I may have to give them a call on the help line, but how do I find the phone number of my dongle?

On the three control panel,when it first opens you have the get online tab on front with the connect/disconnect part.Just click the tab on that labled My3 account.You'll see a box at the bottom with your number in it.

I also have a Blackberry, I don't know how to convert that into a wifi hotspot, but I think it is possible to tether it, perhaps via a cable.

Here you go, looks a bit more complicated than the android but interestingly enough there are times when I find the Blackberry receives a much better 3G signal than the android.

http://ee.co.uk/help/phones-and-device/blackberry/blackberry-curve-9360/blackberry-curve-9360-internet-and-applications/blackberry-curve-9360---tethering

Thanks Strawberry. Sadly my BlackBerry is rather older than this (it's a 9320) and on investigation it seems that model doesn't support tethering. But I'll save your link for when I upgrade.