Missy Coco

Quotes - need help attaching . .

10 posts in this topic

Been using PN for a few weeks and recently started posting. I am having difficulty in applying quotes to my posts. Could someone please explain to me how I can do it. Thanks

I think I should come and give you some personal tuition.

Easiest way is to press the Quote button beneath the Post that you want to quote from; you can then delete bits that you don't want or need in the Preview that follows before finally pressing submit.

Anything that appears between "[Q]" and "[/Q]" will be shown as a Quote.

Been using PN for a few weeks and recently started posting. I am having difficulty in applying quotes to my posts. Could someone please explain to me how I can do it. Thanks

Depends on what you mean. If you mean quoting a post then, as Vin DaLoo has said, just press the "Quote" button at the bottom of the relevant post.

If, however, you mean you want to quote something from elsewhere then "Copy" the relevant passage(s), return to the Reply box and click on the icon in the top of the Reply box at far right which looks a bit like a page or a voice balloon. That will put [ QUOTE ] [ /QUOTE ] in your Reply box (without spaces), then position your cursor between them and "Paste".

Hope this helps.

Having difficulty using the quote facility. When I click it takes me to the reply box but does not enter the text or entry I wanted to quote. Was wondering whether it might be to do with cookies or my security settings or something?

Having difficulty using the quote facility. When I click it takes me to the reply box but does not enter the text or entry I wanted to quote. Was wondering whether it might be to do with cookies or my security settings or something?

What device are you using? Are you using I Phone, laptop, tablet etc?

Its probably the fault of the latest version of Internet Explorer.

using a laptop that was fine in the past...

using a laptop that was fine in the past...

I use Google chrome and it works just fine.I did wonder of there might be a problem using a phone.

See the,' Quote Button', thread started by J Kay back in December, more info there. Problem started when I.E. was upgraded.  I still have this problem, the only advice was to use another browser.

1 person likes this

See the,' Quote Button', thread started by J Kay back in December, more info there. Problem started when I.E. was upgraded.  I still have this problem, the only advice was to use another browser.

Indeed. Works when I use chrome. Thanks