Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CC57

Bruises

15 posts in this topic

I have always bruised easily, you only have to poke my leg and a bruise will appear, and if I lean against a hard chair my leg comes up like a result from a rugby tackle. Imagine now how my legs look, after a few sessions a week. Not a good sight, how do any of you ladies deal with unsightly bruises.

Have you considered taking a folic acid and / or Vitamin B12 supplement?

P.

might be nothing but wouldn't do any harm to mention how you bruise easily next time you visit GP

1 person likes this

Arnica cream! Apply 2-3 times a day. You can also get bath soak with it in.

1 person likes this

I bruise terribly too.. Just have to hit something gently and there is a bruise! Most annoying.. I did not know there was something you could do to make it better to be honest. 

having anemia i bruise easily too :unsure:

If you notice the bruise shortly after it comes up a firm circular massage with your finger tips can quite often disperse the blood under the skin and get rid of the bruise in a matter of minutes, witch hazel, and arnica - as Kay says also help ... I'm not sure whether this would work for you though Rebecca given your anaemia but might be worth a try x

Well I didn't know you could get a bath soak with it in, I will try that. I have always bruised easily from my teens so I know it's nothing wrong. I hate my legs having varies colours ranging from purple to yellow as the bruises heal. Especially when they look like finger marks. I think I will get a tan cream as it may help disguise them.

If you think you have bashed yourself apply a cold flannel to tthespot steaight away. It may help restrict the damage.

Not walking into stuff helps.

Spose you easy bruisers lay off BSDM stuff!

I wonder how many punters have bruises on their backside? Five on each cheek !!

Arnica cream! Apply 2-3 times a day. You can also get bath soak with it in.

Indeed arnica cream, also the tablets are very good.  I was very anaemic since I was a child and no vitamins helped much but I keep taking them occasionally until now.  

I bruise easy but heal fast because of the clean cut lifestyle and combo with gym to increase my resilience and immune system.  Who said life is easy?

I  use to bruise quite often also since my childhood until about 5/6 years ago. 

It is a nuisance in this industry, when clients seeing the bruises asking: "Did somebody was rough with you?" Even worse, when its on the arms, and some starting to assume that you injecting herself.

I am not easily bruised anymore, or at least they not so visible. Maybe partly, because I stopped jumping in the canals, and doing hand stands to achieve some unusual pose.  :cool: . I also decided to do something about it.

I was researching about it years ago, and found that Vitamin P (which is not actually a vitamin as such) can prevent blood vessels under the skin to rapture. In UK its called Biofinoids or Rutin. Not going to the "science bit" (you can Google yourself, if you interested) but it can be found in red onion, citrus fruits (in the rind, not much in the flesh), garlic, broccoli, buckwheat (not so popular in UK, but very tasty if cooked properly), blueberries, etc. 

Failing that there is a supplement: Here is one of them:  http://www.naturesbe...esperidin-p723/

When the bruise did appear, the best way for it to go ASAP: or apply simple cabbage leaf, with cut out the hard bit, and few crosses with a knife to get the juice out). It will fade much quicker. Also Plantago leaf, which can be found from the mid of April in any field here. (sometimes in gardens, as it quite an invasive weed)

Apart of it, not much can be done. Just another thing which you are born with, but can be improved!

Edited by Xenia
1 person likes this

If the ladies are on the pill, that will cause bruiding very easily too.