Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
world0punter

Punter Phone

7 posts in this topic

I decided I want to stop using my normal phone for arranging punts since smartphones linked to a google account seem to give all of your details away.

I want a pay and go phone that is totally untraceable to me, to use to arrange bookings etc.

I had a look at giff gaff and they require an online registration. Anyone know if other networks also require registration of if there are any "plug and play" SIM cards that would be untraceable back to me. Just for safety precaution really. You never know, better safe than sorry

I decided I want to stop using my normal phone for arranging punts since smartphones linked to a google account seem to give all of your details away.

I want a pay and go phone that is totally untraceable to me, to use to arrange bookings etc.

I had a look at giff gaff and they require an online registration. Anyone know if other networks also require registration of if there are any "plug and play" SIM cards that would be untraceable back to me. Just for safety precaution really. You never know, better safe than sorry

go to your local market, find the phone repair stall, they all have old phones bought of people that they will sell to you and a sim card too..totally untraceable 

Just go to any supermarket, buy a pay and go phone (or use an old one if you have one lying around). Then pick up a pay as you go sim (Tesco Mobile for example at 99p) and top it up paying cash. No registration required and you can always top it up by paying cash over the counter.

This is a good idea. I bought a sim from a corner shop, Lebara, Lyca or one of those, and use it in an old phone. Pay cash to top up. Always a good idea to use a second phone.

Decided on an iPhone 4s but it requires an ee sim so I hope they don't require registration. With antiterrorism etc more providers require registration these days

Decided on an iPhone 4s but it requires an ee sim so I hope they don't require registration. With antiterrorism etc more providers require registration these days

That fucker will still track you and tell tales if you are not careful.

Go to any decent (?) market and you can buy a new Nokia for £20 or less and some will throw in the sim card as well or charge you a pound - pay cash for that and also topup cards, no need to register and only GCHQ can track you, which i wouldn't worry too much about provided it's only punting. ^_^

That fucker will still track you and tell tales if you are not careful.

Go to any decent (?) market and you can buy a new Nokia for £20 or less and some will throw in the sim card as well or charge you a pound - pay cash for that and also topup cards, no need to register and only GCHQ can track you, which i wouldn't worry too much about provided it's only punting. ^_^

Indeed. If you're going down the separate punting phone route for anonymity, a smartphone probably isn't the best idea.

Then again, as long as you're careful...

Switch off anything to do with location services, including (depending on version of ios) right at the bottom of the Location Services menu, there's one called System Services. Inside there, there's find my iphone, and even worse, Frequent Locations. Default setting for both of those is on. They also turn back on if you do a full ios update...

The other thing is don't let anyone else know your Apple Id / Password, or they'll be able to "Find your iPhone" if you've inadvertently left it on.