Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andipidus

Naive First Timer

13 posts in this topic

Hi All!

I'm new to this but have wanted to take the plunge and pay for a GFE for about 15 years (I'm 32!) I once walked into Sandy's Superstars Northenden and met Amber, who was gorgeous, but made a hasty getaway due to nerves…in other words, I bottled it! I have been single for a while and I have my eye on another girl at Sandy's whose pictures are great, so I'm prepared to give it another shot, but just one thing is holding me back. I suffer from health anxiety and I'm worried about things like STI's/STD's to the extent that this has put me off 'soliciting the favours of a WG!'and even having sex full stop! I know my chances of catching anything are slim if I just go for a basic service. Ironically, catching Herpes/Cold Sores is the thing I worry about the most…I know, it's silly, esp when there is much worse out there! But my query is this: If I were to kiss and 69 a WG what are the chances of me catching an STI like Herpes/Cold Sores?

Any personal experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys :) 

Firstly, if you're so worried, perhaps try and find an indie who only sees a few clients a week?

But no responsible SP would see a client if they had active cold sores - and god forbid a herpes outbreak. So you should be fine: just keep your eyes open.

How does anyone really know how many clients a lady sees a week?And anyway if a lady has herpes it only takes 1 client to give it to her.The truth is most decent ladies get tested for stis very regularly and are probably a hell of alot more aware of these things than your average civvy on a night out.For established wgs it is our living and reputation that is at stake if we get something and keep working.If you feel so paranoid then don't kiss and have everything covered.I can tell you that in 5 years of working and snogging in bookings I have never had a cold sore and I see on average 3 clients a day.

You may already have herpes, many adults are exposed to the herpes simplex virus. Some develop symptoms, some do not and some fight it off successfully and are immune.

1 person likes this

You may already have herpes, many adults are exposed to the herpes simplex virus. Some develop symptoms, some do not and some fight it off successfully and are immune.

This is so true. It's quite common but most people would never know they had the virus. 

Only the OP can decide if the risks are acceptable, no one can wish them away for him.  I haven't seriously bother myself so I guess I'm easy with it. That would probably change if I had an episode but from all I've heard the risk is not too high.

Most responsible WG's have regular check-up's, the norm is every 6 months.

You have to use your common sense, if you visit a WG who has a cold sore or a split lip and/or extreme redness down below, run for the hills.

You have to bear in mind also that WG's have feelings and concerns and are quite to refuse a Punter who shows the same signs!

We are human afterall!

I am just curious to find out what Wg's do when wg's go for regular STI check up's and then find they have caught one or the other STI ?

I understand that some STI's are curable with antibiotics but some like herpes are not curable. So does that mean it is the end of their career as a wg? or do they still continue to work knowing the fact they carry some uncurable STI's?

I am just curious to find out what Wg's do when wg's go for regular STI check up's and then find they have caught one or the other STI ?

I understand that some STI's are curable with antibiotics but some like herpes are not curable. So does that mean it is the end of their career as a wg? or do they still continue to work knowing the fact they carry some uncurable STI's?

Herpes isn't one of the STI tests because it would be meaningless - as Strawberry said, nearly everyone carries the virus anyway. Some get cold sores, some get genital herpes. I would sincerely hope that any SW who had the latter would retire, and the same for HIV and hepatitis (though the latter is often curable).

Otherwise I guess the clinic would tell them the length of treatment and when it was safe to see clients again.

When I read stuff like this scares me,...

If a person who is infected with HIV gives a partner oral sex, can the partner become infected with HIV?

- Dan

Yes. Although rare, it is possible to transmit HIV through giving and receiving oral sex.

When someone with HIV gives oral sex, the virus can go from small (sometimes not visible) cuts or sores in the mouth into the uninfected person's body through the urethra (the opening at the tip of the penis where sperm comes out), vagina, or anus. When someone with HIV receives oral sex, the virus can enter the other person's body when semen (cum) or vaginal fluids get into the mouth.

If you are worried about STI's just wear protection for oral & sex and dont kiss her. Only thing the experience wont be as good if you walk in there like a boss

Sti's have evolved to live in genitals. They will find the mouth and alimentary canal a very nasty environment. Only if there is a way into the bloodstream will you catch an sti through your mouth. Unless you are very unlucky. Thats why oral just after teeth brushing is not a good idea cos of gum damage from brushing.

That's not 100% true - oral gonorrhoea is pretty common.

1 person likes this

That's not 100% true - oral gonorrhoea is pretty common.

And try explaining it to your OH!