Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coventrypunter

Windows 8

6 posts in this topic

while I am browsing using FF in windoze 8 sometimes a big block with the date and time pops up, together with a black bar with a few icons on the right.  My FF session loses focus so i have to click once to get rid of the shite and get focus back and click again to do what I actually want to do.

really fucking annoying

anyone know how to turn this off?

Bring back XP

But you have to be right over in the right margin to get the charm bar to appear and then move the cursor while in the charm bar area to get the time date block you are complaining about, CP.

Just keep away from the far right edge of your screen.

Haven't you upgraded to 8.1 yet?

But if you still had XP you wouldn't be inline for a free upgrade to Windows 10 when it comes out...

Chicken teaching an etymologist to stitch a rugby ball - apologies.

Microsoft do launch mix bags don't they.

XP was ok

Windows7 is ok

Vista and Windows8 were/are horrible

I did upgrade a machine from Windows8 to 8.1 and it was an improvement

Interested to hear about Windows 10

Sorry Cov, can't help with your explicit question 

BM, if you search you can find articles supposedly lifting the lid on Windows 10 which is available in beta version. Some articles I read mentioned that while they could describe the features there was a real certainty that things would change before the full release.

I didn't like Windows 8 and changed to 8.1 so quickly i hardly knew 8 to remember what i didn't like.

I know i didn't like not being able to turn it off or open Chrome - sophisticated things like that. 8.1 may not be dramatically different but i can get where i want and do what I want.

As I am not an app man, that side of it leaves me cold. And i don't like lack of customisation of screensaver - yes i am a high tech sort of numbskull.

got classic shell. desktop works better but still got the damn black shite getting in the way