Berbs

Dress Code

52 posts in this topic

Ladies, do you prefer or expect your clients to dress in a certain way? Does it influence your service level (even subconsciously) if a gent is smartly dressed on arrival or turns up in joggers and trainers?

Fellas, do you make the effort to present yourself for a lady (cleanliness aside) ie pressed shirt, clean shoes etc?

Reason i ask is my first punt a couple of days ago i made the attempt to look my best so to give a good first impression, but i'm not sure if she even noticed, i didnt exactly keep my clothes on for long!!

I imagine someone nicely turned out will tend to make a good impression, but they will also understand that we will be dressed in accordance with our cover story, which could mean anything. Then again, some of us - me included - tend to be poor dressers anyway.

What I do make an effort with - and which is not just appreciated but essential - is dental hygiene, being properly shaved and fingernails in order. So grooming rather than dress.

1 person likes this

I imagine someone nicely turned out will tend to make a good impression, but they will also understand that we will be dressed in accordance with our cover story, which could mean anything. Then again, some of us - me included - tend to be poor dressers anyway.

What I do make an effort with - and which is not just appreciated but essential - is dental hygiene, being properly shaved and fingernails in order. So grooming rather than dress.

do you wear a dress to punt then?

I agree with CB.  I have to dress according to cover story.

I don't normally wear shoes in day to day life - I tend to wear boots 99% of the time though I have taken a pair of smart shoes with me once or twice so I could wear them (slip on shoes can be slipped off whereas boots take a few minutes to take off) when there was a bit of roleplay or it was an outcall.

Generally I just make sure its clean clothes and not wearing a t-shirt.

Again if we are starting with a bit of a roleplay I may have a shirt on and a tie to put on after arrival before we actually start (at the weekend a guy simply wearing a shirt on the street is discrete, a guy wearing a shirt and tie stands out more, of course this doesn't apply during the week).

If it's a punt I've planned in advance I dress smart casual, everything clean and pressed.

More recently I've had to arrange most of my punts straight after work, which can be awkward. I have to sneak a change of clothes / footwear / coat into the car before I leave in the morning and if it's an incall I get changed in the car at the last minute then have a shower at the wg's place. If an outcall (I had loads at the end of last year), at least I had chance to have a quick shower and change in the hotel first.

I'll make a bit more of an effort dress wise on a longer booking if there's any meeting for food / drinks during the time.

Edited by Burty

Generally I just make sure its clean clothes and not wearing a t-shirt.

More often than not I do wear a t-shirt! :blink:

I wear smart/casual clothes and shoes for meets.  I feel smart/casual looks best overall for myself. 

No what someone wears has no bearing on the booking. I expect guys turning up in work cloths to be a bit stinky and sweaty, they work hard no doubt. They can have a shower and then they are just as good as the guy who has turned up suited and booted having just showered at his hotel. 

I do LIKE guys to arrive looking good and if someone looks especially dashing then I tell them, a certain gentlemen or five from here have arrived at my door looking very dapper indeed and I let them know that I notice how nicely dressed they have arrived at my door.

However, not everyone has the luxury of wearing a suit day to day and not everyone has the luxury of being able to go home and shower and redress before their booking. Some guys have to sneak their odd little bit of man me time during their working hours or lunch time. I in no way begrudge someone some fun just because they get down and dirty to pay for the roof over their kids heads.

Saying that though, if someone has booked a dinner or lunch date then I do expect them to be clean and presentable. Jeans are fine, just clean and presentable as I am for them.

Saying that though, if someone has booked a dinner or lunch date then I do expect them to be clean and presentable. Jeans are fine, just clean and presentable as I am for them.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect on the last overnight I had. We were due to go for dinner in the evening having met up earlier in the day so we were both dressed quite casually. I knew we'd be changing to go out but wasn't sure whether she'd stick to her usual smartly dressed but still quite casual look, in which case I didn't want it to look too out of place if I was all suited and booted!

Fortunately I'd packed a couple of options, and let her get ready first. When she'd showered and emerged wearing a full length cocktail dress I knew the jeans were out of the question... :)

I agree with CB. I have to dress according to cover story.

Haha, i got this the other way round!

My ruse was going to the gym (excuse for coming home flushed and sweaty!). I left the house in training gear, got changed into something more presentable in the van and then back again after the punt.

Probably too much faffing about but like i said i wanted to make that good first impression.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect on the last overnight I had. We were due to go for dinner in the evening having met up earlier in the day so we were both dressed quite casually. I knew we'd be changing to go out but wasn't sure whether she'd stick to her usual smartly dressed but still quite casual look, in which case I didn't want it to look too out of place if I was all suited and booted!

Fortunately I'd packed a couple of options, and let her get ready first. When she'd showered and emerged wearing a full length cocktail dress I knew the jeans were out of the question... :)

Well it depends where you are going also x

I do like a man in suit but thanks just my fantasy lol

I do like a man in suit but thanks just my fantasy lol

Me too!

I shall trot this one out yet again.........

Any outfit as long as it and the man inside it is clean....

work attire is fine.....

with one exception!

If you are known as Coco while travelling with the circus and up my way (ooh er) then please change into civvies before you come to see me.

This may not be as daft as it sounds.... I had a man visit me 2 or 3 years ago who told me he worked as a pantomine dame!!!!

3 people like this

I've had a client turn up very loudly in a kilt.

Not particularly discreet outside a small, quiet block of flats.

Apart from that I do not mind, so long as he is clean and not marching clods of earth, muck or sand and cement into my entrance hall. Shower, soap and towel available on request.

Edited by Strawberry

I shall trot this one out yet again.........Any outfit as long as it and the man inside it is clean....work attire is fine.....with one exception!If you are known as Coco while travelling with the circus and up my way (ooh er) then please change into civvies before you come to see me.***********This may not be as daft as it sounds.... I had a man visit me 2 or 3 years ago who told me he worked as a pantomine dame!!!!

All together now.... Ohhhhh no he didn't!!!

I've had a client turn up very loudly in a kilt.

Not particularly discreet outside a small, quiet block of flats.

Apart from that I do not mind, so long as he is clean and not marching clods of earth, muck or sand and cement into my entrance hall. Shower, soap and towel available on request.

He didn't bring his bagpipes as well did he?? :blink: Edited by Burty

All together now.... Ohhhhh no he didn't!!!

He didn't bring his bagpipes as well did he?? :blink:

No, but he was certainly conspicuous. I moved shortly after that.

Well it depends where you are going also x

True, fortunately she'd done her research on that ;). Actually there was a combination of smart / smart casual dress at the restaurant so it wouldn't have mattered. I just thought we'd blend in a bit better if we were dressed in a similar style....

That's if a 52 year old (albeit a remarkably young looking one, ha!) and a stunning 24 year old blonde can blend in anywhere... :confused:

True, fortunately she'd done her research on that ;). Actually there was a combination of smart / smart casual dress at the restaurant so it wouldn't have mattered. I just thought we'd blend in a bit better if we were dressed in a similar style....

That's if a 52 year old (albeit a remarkably young looking one, ha!) and a stunning 24 year old blonde can blend in anywhere... :confused:

You could have passed over a wad of notes and explained loudly " Your mother asked me to give you this and buy yourself something nice !"   or not

1 person likes this

You could have passed over a wad of notes and explained loudly " Your mother asked me to give you this and buy yourself something nice !"   or not

Very discreet! ;)

Talking about wad of notes, had one scary moment - I forgot that earlier on she'd asked me to keep hold of her fee and I'd left it in my coat pocket. When we arrived at the restaurant they offered to take our coats. WG handed hers over, I half handed mine and then remembered there was a few hundred quid in it so grabbed it back pronto!

Thinking about it your line above might have come in handy! :D

No, I don't mind at all: I suppose I might be a little perturbed if the clothes were dirty/stained when they obviously weren't work clothes, but that's all. 

(Please take your shoes/boots off though - I've just got a new carpet!)

I used to see a scaffolder who'd come straight from work. Once I saw the body underneath the sawdusty clothes... It was always a Diet Coke moment!  :D

1 person likes this

I often get a "you look smart" comment from women I've seen before when I visit after work when I'm wearing shirt and tie/suit but never a compliment when I'm in casual clothes, perhaps they think I look like a sack of shit and my non work wardrobe needs a make-over, but yes I think cleanliness is more important than what your wearing.

I tend to dress smart casual in my mind but probably, like all blokes, end up looking like a scruffy 'erbert.

Hello ladies and gents,

New to this forum and to punting in general so still learning and looking for advice. Before I expand on details as it might not be an issue. But do you think it's important to blend into the back ground when going for a punt. Are you WG pissed of if someone turns up who sticks out like a sore thumb or does it not matter ?

Thanks

Hello ladies and gents,

New to this forum and to punting in general so still learning and looking for advice. Before I expand on details as it might not be an issue. But do you think it's important to blend into the back ground when going for a punt. Are you WG pissed of if someone turns up who sticks out like a sore thumb or does it not matter ?

Thanks

Obviously not a WG here but applying a little common sense - discretion is considered an important part of this hobby - indeed in some reviews you will see comments about the location not being that discrete/ entrance unobserved so nice and discrete etc. shows that sticking out like a sore thumb wouldn't necessarily be appreciated as its the opposite of discrete.