vivluvsme

Punternet Contact Form

9 posts in this topic

I got one of these for the first time in all my decades on here.

Was I right to delete it unread as potential spam?

If not, what is it?

Thanks

Who was it from? never heard of it?

Was it from the reviews facility ?

The sender was shown as an email address with what appeared to be a first and last name forming the pre-@ part.

I don't recall the name although i think the first name was possibly Dennis.

Its heading was PunterNet Contact Form with the two upper case letters in the first word.

I don't know anything else about its provenance.

The sender was shown as an email address with what appeared to be a first and last name forming the pre-@ part.

I don't recall the name although i think the first name was possibly Dennis.

Its heading was PunterNet Contact Form with the two upper case letters in the first word.

I don't know anything else about its provenance.

you can send an email to an FR author. I think there is an option in your FR profile where you can allow/disallow it.

Someone clicked on your reviewer profile and sent you a message, probably to ask something about one of your recent visits. Definitely not spam.

Thanks, G!

I was going through my control panel after CP's post as you replied and your explanation makes clear i was looking at the wrong element of my Punternet presence.

i feel a bit guilty now for deleting it unread but I would rather be safe than sorry and I was surprised to receive it.

Ah, I have found that my 'OK to be contacted' box in the Review section was unchecked so in theory I would have thought I shouldn't have got the email?

I may have changed that status to No relatively recently but that would have been several weeks ago at least.

Ah, I have found that my 'OK to be contacted' box in the Review section was unchecked so in theory I would have thought I shouldn't have got the email?

I may have changed that status to No relatively recently but that would have been several weeks ago at least.

You are quite correct, the "send this reviewer a message" link should not have been present. Bug found and corrected. Thanks for posting that.