Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ralhar

Yahoo Mail Attachment

7 posts in this topic

Hello...

Somebody sent me an attachment and I replied without reading or downloading...

Now I need it badly...

I can see the attachment icon for that email in my inbox but when i drill down my reply is the last message and I cant get the attachment...

this is in yahoo mail...

i'm stumped.

any ideas anybody?

Thanks.

did you do stuff with the email on a mobile?  if so it puts stuff in some special folders called imap whatever.  look in your folders to the left.

or maybe you have conversation view on.  click the cog thingy top right for and select settings from the drop down

7th group from the top in general tab is where you turn conversation view off.  that will probably mean you email will appear again.

I share your pain, OP. I've never been able to reconcile myself to Yahoo Mail's new format.

Hello...

Somebody sent me an attachment and I replied without reading or downloading...

Now I need it badly...

I can see the attachment icon for that email in my inbox but when i drill down my reply is the last message and I cant get the attachment...

this is in yahoo mail...

i'm stumped.

any ideas anybody?

Thanks.

apologies I didnt read your post properly. I thought you said Google mail. 

but conversation view in yahoo will make emails disappear same as google.  again turn it off in settings.

thanks for the replies...

no not using a phone and conversation view was turned off in settings... but i suspect something like that because i used to have it all in a different format but it got changed somewhere along the line

ive fiddled around a bit in settings and now the attachment icon is missing from my reply in the inbox... so now its as if he said he had attached but not attached... except i had forwarded it to myself to see if it had any effect and the forwarded message has the icon there...

??????

so either he didnt attach, or yahoo have lost it

i might try and get support from yahoo (resigned non-expectant sigh / groan)...

yeah yahoo is rubbish but it was the least irritating when opening an account and i dont want to change my address now...

the lesson is download and save documents that you might need.

thanks again.

Sometimes I find that there's an 'attachments' file over on the left of BT Mail which is a leftover from BT Yahoo.....and things that come in with mails but which I never opened can sometimes end up there. Can you see any such thing? If so, might be worth a try.

I just had to do without in the end...

thanks everybody.