Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SlickWilly

Scottish Law To Clearly Distinguish Trafficking And Consent

7 posts in this topic

I am strongly against anyone being forced to workin the sex trade, or any other indistry for that matter, but I do not accept the argument put forward by the feminists that making the purchase of sex illegal will somehow reduce trafficking. So I am pleased to see the Scottish government is perhaps seeing through the myth that all women who sell sex must be doing so because they are forced to do so.

If the real concern is real to stop trafficking, which I support, and not a puritanical campaign against sex in general, then why are the laws that currently exist not being used to prevent trafficking?

Dave. Its become the standard response to make a new law for a given problem. Instead they should look at existing law and find out why its not being enforced. Which is why we end up with so much law much of it unenforced.

Drivimg using a mobile is clearly driving without due care and attention. But the brought out a new law. Worked for a year then its forgotten and frequently flouted.

1 person likes this

Yes, it's the itch to be doing things, and also to be seen to be doing things.

Dave. Its become the standard response to make a new law for a given problem. Instead they should look at existing law and find out why its not being enforced. Which is why we end up with so much law much of it unenforced.

Drivimg using a mobile is clearly driving without due care and attention. But the brought out a new law. Worked for a year then its forgotten and frequently flouted.

Yes, and driving with one hand on wheel, other hand holding mobile IS dangerous. Watching it in action makes it very obvious that the person cannot respond quickly and accurately.

Back to the OP.

I'm not sure I agree with your conclusion SW. They are saying that they will not introduce it as part of the trafficking legislation. But they're not saying that they will definitely not introduce it or that they are going to clearly distinguish trafficking and consent. 

Back to the OP.

I'm not sure I agree with your conclusion SW. They are saying that they will not introduce it as part of the trafficking legislation. But they're not saying that they will definitely not introduce it or that they are going to clearly distinguish trafficking and consent. 

Too true.  It's not what they say they'll do you need to be worried about, it's what they intend to do but won't tell you about.  It's the run up to an election, the worst time to believe a politician, not that there's a good time.