bacchus

New Statesman article: Is Smith right on prostitution?

3 posts in this topic

Thoughtful critique in the New Statesman by Dr Mark Cowling (Reader in Criminology at the University of Teesside):

Is Smith right on prostitution?

Cowling concludes by writing:

Overall the concern of critics is that the increased criminalisation of an activity that is largely voluntary will cause more misery than the evils it is intended to cure.

B

Excellent and well-written. Good to see SAAFE getting a mention in the press.

I forgot to mention in my post that PunterNet gets a mention too:

Criminalising 10 per cent of the male population should be approached with caution.

Although there are undoubtedly violent and unpleasant clients, a major theme of reports of visits to prostitutes on websites such as Punternet is affectionate appreciation, a desire for GFE (Girl Friend Experience).

B

Great article. It seems that while the word Nazi is a word more closely associated with Germans, it's ironic that in a liberal environment in Germany I can sit in an FKK club surrounded by many gorgeous women vying for my attention whilst the local police are not interested in interfering and leaving us to it.

The UK are supposed to be part of the allied force who saved the world from Nazism but if this ridiculous law is passed in the UK, police will be required to take time off from investigating serious crime and possibly failing to rescue victims from those criminals in order to police and harass consenting adults from voluntary activities in order to appear to be fulfilling the dreams of feminist extremists.