Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HungDong

Puerto Galera - Philippines

3 posts in this topic

Planning a trip over to the "Sillypines" for a spot of mongering in Jan next year.

I am quite familiar with Metro Manila and Angeles, but was thinking about giving Puerto Galera a whirl.

Have any of you fine gents (or ladies) out there got and recoms or stories you may want to share?

Was thinking of Sabang or Badladz???

another option I was thinking about was Subic - again any thoughts or recoms mucho appreciated.

cheers

Never been to PG.  All I do hear is that Koreans dominate the scene there so, if you're a visitor, you've got to hit the bars early to get the lookers.

Done Subic several times.  I only go there as a sidetrip from Angeles.  The main tourist bars are on the main drag in Barrio Barretto, dissected in two by the national highway with buses, lorries and jeepneys hurtling along at breakneck speed.  Potential death trap at night if you are slightly tipsy. 

Compared to Angeles, the standard of girls is generally a bit lower.  That is not to say there are no good lookers.  But there are far more stretch marks and cellulite on display.  The value in Barretto is great.  Cost is generally P1500 for take out, and whilst double ladies drinks exist, they are not the norm.  Several bars in the Dryden Group allow the girl to set her own price.  This is a charade to demonstrate that barfines do not exist in Barretto.  Again, most girls will go for P1500.  Some may ask for more but will still agree to P1500.  The stunners may well insist on P2000+ and some may insist on more if they don't really want to go with you.

I can generally only manage a max of 3 days in Subic before I'm bored of the place and been into every bar.  For many people, they prefer the more relaxed way of life.

The beaches are shit.  Yeah, you can go scuba diving and whatnot but, in general, the beaches are nothing compared to Bohol or Boracay.  

For what savings you make in pussy, you will lose when it comes to hotels.  They are more expensive than in Angeles.  My last few times have been in Wild Orchid which is just a 10 minute walk to the bars.  It is poor value, but the standard in hotels is generally poor in Subic despite the price.   Mangrove and iCove are two newer places I've not tried but look promising.  Arizona Resort is also popular.  It has a very good restaurant but I found the rooms too basic.  Kokomos I would not touch with a soiled pair of panties.

Several nice places in the Freeport Zone, but not convenient for the bar scene and I'm not totally sure how girl friendly they are, either.

some good tips there on Subic - cheers for the info BW
decided to try both options (at the expense of Angeles - as I have been there numerous times) - i may live to regret that choice but hey ho! 
I'll report back on PG in Jan...

cheers again