Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L Grille

Java And Google Chrome 42

4 posts in this topic

Since last month I have not been able to access the "Chat Room" when using Google Chrome Browser :( - SO I have had to use IE  :angry:

Up to yesterday the Java site says that the new Google Chrome 42 update does not allow Java to be used :( :(

But this morning I found this on their site :

https://java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml#npapichrome

Enabling NPAPI in Chrome Version 42 and later

As of Chrome Version 42, an additional configuration step is required to continue using NPAPI plugins.

1. In your URL bar, enter:
    chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
  2. Click the Enable link for the Enable NPAPI configuration option.
  3. Click the Relaunch button that now appears at the bottom of the configuration page.

Developers and System administrators looking for alternative ways to support users of Chrome should see this blog, in particular "Running Web Start applications outside of a browser" and "Additional Deployment Options" section.

I tried it and it worked for me - so I am back in the chat room via Chrome  :wub:  no more IE :D

1 person likes this

Since last month I have not been able to access the "Chat Room" when using Google Chrome Browser :( - SO I have had to use IE  :angry:

Up to yesterday the Java site says that the new Google Chrome 42 update does not allow Java to be used :( :(

But this morning I found this on their site :

https://java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml#npapichrome

Enabling NPAPI in Chrome Version 42 and later

As of Chrome Version 42, an additional configuration step is required to continue using NPAPI plugins.

1. In your URL bar, enter:

chrome://flags/#enable-npapi

2. Click the Enable link for the Enable NPAPI configuration option.
  3. Click the Relaunch button that now appears at the bottom of the configuration page.

Developers and System administrators looking for alternative ways to support users of Chrome should see this blog, in particular "Running Web Start applications outside of a browser" and "Additional Deployment Options" section.

I tried it and it worked for me - so I am back in the chat room via Chrome  :wub:  no more IE :D

I am too, thanks to your detective work, Mr Grille  :)

Oh wow! I haven't been able to get into chat for ages and now I can! Thank you Grillie! :) 

Didn't last long....it appears the solution for using java on chrome will soon end:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033

So not sure how I'll get into the chat room without having to use IE or another browser :(

To all you techies out there can I access the chatroom without java on chrome?