AnotherFrank

I'm A Sucker For An Invite

28 posts in this topic

I have a couple of regulars who contact me with a 'hi there' or 'in you area this week' quick text, though one is a genuine friend now and keeps a much more meaningful line of contact. And now it looks like another girl I've seen a couple of times and lives close to a hotel I stay in is joining the trend.

I'm a 'once a month punter' by intention but my good intentions just crumble when I get one of these :-( I know it's probably good marketing but it just makes the whole thing seem more intimate and therefore enjoyable for me. Much as I like trying new ladies I'm probably going to be restricting myself to these lovely ladies.....mostly to preserve my bank balance!

Anyone else get this?

as a service provider i would never txt a client looking for business seems a bit desprate just say no im not free unless they offer you a regular rate

1 person likes this

I would not like to receive any such text messages. I prefer to contact wg's instead of the other way round. This way i can keep control and avoid any unpleasant surprises.

It seems like good marketing to me - enticing you to do something you wouldn't have otherwise done :)

There's been a couple of wg's I've kept in touch with but generally I don't appreciate what I see as touty texts. One wg I was in almost daily contact with while she was here, but apart from arranging a couple of social meets (unpaid) she never once touted for business, and left it entirely to me to initiate and arrange bookings with her. Maybe a more subtle way of her looking after her business interests :).

The other wg I keep in touch with doesn't advertise anymore and only sees existing regulars occasionally on outcalls. Very occasionally she can accommodate an incall and she will send a text to let me know, which I've told her I'm ok with. Any other messages of that kind and the number gets blocked.

I've received tout texts, it was unwelcome. I don't book them any more.

It's not good marketing its rude and really bad touting. Majority of punters are married and need discretion so for a WG to text "in your area this week" is indiscreet punting phone or not.

If a said punter wanting to book her, they would.

Usually when WGs do this I put it down to them needing the money that bad they need to resort to texting their previous clients to drum up business. Not a good look at all.

It's not good marketing its rude and really bad touting. Majority of punters are married and need discretion so for a WG to text "in your area this week" is indiscreet punting phone or not.

If a said punter wanting to book her, they would.

Usually when WGs do this I put it down to them needing the money that bad they need to resort to texting their previous clients to drum up business. Not a good look at all.

I don't agree with her methods unless the only people she's messaging have given her permission to do so. If she's randomly texting people then she's out of order. However - it's good marketing from the wg's point of view if it works which it seems to have done in the OP's case because he made a booking he wouldn't otherwise have made. It becomes bad marketing if she pisses people off and they start blocking her or she loses business because of it.

I'd do what I do to any random spam messages I receive which is to block the number if a wg didn't have my express agreement to contact me unannounced.

I don't agree with her methods unless the only people she's messaging have given her permission to do so. If she's randomly texting people then she's out of order. However - it's good marketing from the wg's point of view if it works which it seems to have done in the OP's case because he made a booking he wouldn't otherwise have made. It becomes bad marketing if she pisses people off and they start blocking her or she loses business because of it.

I'd do what I do to any random spam messages I receive which is to block the number if a wg didn't have my express agreement to contact me unannounced.

I don't see randomly texting as good marketing, I see it as touting and pushing the boundaries.

We are service provider so we are supposed to be contacted to do the service. It's the same as getting a "have you had an accident in the last 6 months" text. Inconvenient, and annoying.

No WG who values discretion and her customers should send unsolicited texts to any punter, no matter if he is tempted or not. It's really bad, especially if some men don't use punting phones!

1 person likes this

Ive received emails through AW which i quite liked (well aware it was a selling tact and the same message was probably sent to many other men)

Personally i wouldnt see an issue with a text because my punting phone is out of harms way but i would say its not good practice. I have never told any girl i use a separate phone so they are not to know if its safe.

I don't mind WGs using AW email to keep me updated if I have contacted them in the past.

I think most replies have missed the point here which is that I've established pretty friendly relationships with these ladies, though I'm fully aware of the commercial nature, and I've no doubt if I'd suggested they stop they would have. It's a mix of text and email, and in all three cases the ladies have full or part time civvie jobs and aren't always or regularly available so I'm happy to keep in touch. The point I was making was about my inability to stick to 'my quota system' when the lure is dangled and wondered whether others experienced the same!

But I do agree on comments re random contact

I think most replies have missed the point here which is that I've established pretty friendly relationships with these ladies, though I'm fully aware of the commercial nature, and I've no doubt if I'd suggested they stop they would have. It's a mix of text and email, and in all three cases the ladies have full or part time civvie jobs and aren't always or regularly available so I'm happy to keep in touch. The point I was making was about my inability to stick to 'my quota system' when the lure is dangled and wondered whether others experienced the same!

As I mentioned above, if you're happy with the arrangement there's no problem. As regards quotas, tell me about it... my initial plan of one punt every 2 months went out the window within 2 weeks of starting punting. At one point last year I had 4 years worth of punts in 3 months! :rolleyes:

I have slowed down since then but still slightly ahead of my initial quota...

As I mentioned above, if you're happy with the arrangement there's no problem. As regards quotas, tell me about it... my initial plan of one punt every 2 months went out the window within 2 weeks of starting punting. At one point last year I had 4 years worth of punts in 3 months! :rolleyes:

I have slowed down since then but still slightly ahead of my initial quota...

I never had any idea how often I would I would punt when I started but nearly 6 months in now and I've cut it down to once a week or so.  I can see me cutting it down further as time goes on and I get over the "newness" of it all.

Regarding the original post, it's not happened to me yet but I'd probably be a sucker for it even though I know it's just touting. I find it easy to believe in the fantasy. 

Unsolicited texts wouldn't be a worry to me but it's occurred to me that as my punting phone is switched off most of the time I would do exactly what I complained of in another thread. Hows that for double standards.  :unsure:

I have a couple of regulars who contact me with a 'hi there' or 'in you area this week' quick text, though one is a genuine friend now and keeps a much more meaningful line of contact. And now it looks like another girl I've seen a couple of times and lives close to a hotel I stay in is joining the trend.

I'm a 'once a month punter' by intention but my good intentions just crumble when I get one of these :-( I know it's probably good marketing but it just makes the whole thing seem more intimate and therefore enjoyable for me. Much as I like trying new ladies I'm probably going to be restricting myself to these lovely ladies.....mostly to preserve my bank balance!

Anyone else get this?

I get this.... number of ladies have dropped me an email if I haven't seen them for a while - not ladies I have only since once or twice you understand - half a dozen times -  yes of course its probably marketing etc but it does create a bit of an oxytocin release that is for sure - none of these ladies would txt me but email for sure and all are established ladies and been around a few years - I don't mind at all and yes, of course, it leads to a meeting - like Frank I am a sucker for an invite! :)

I've received tout texts, it was unwelcome. I don't book them any more.

I used to receive such texts/emails from guys in the past.  I don't see them any more  :D

From what your saying these are not the spam style messages that some wgs now use simply contacting everyone whose ever contacted them regardless if they've actually seen them or not these are specifically for you, well when your talking about someone who only does this part time I'd have no problem with them contacting me to let me know their schedule, I also see someone who has a very erratic schedule absolutely no way of knowing when she will be around and yes she does let me know her plans which is appreciated.

Some WG's I have met do mail me through AW to inform me of tours which I might have overlooked.

One girl stayed in touch by e-mail during a break of a year and let me know when she was returning.

A couple of regulars sometimes mail me to offer a vacant slot which might suit me at a reduced rate. I am sure that they would stop immediately if I asked them to.

C

I'm a sucker for a vacant slot too

I'm currently about to go outcall only, and quite a few incall clients have asked me to text or email them if I do restart incalls or organise a touring incall arrangement of some sort.

For me I'd far rather post things on my website and adultwork profile so that all can read and decide whether date or locations suit them, but some are seeming to prefer the idea of me contacting them.

I'm wondering what members on here think of that, and which way they'd prefer. One of my worries is that come chance to arrange an incall day/tour/start incalls again I'll be sat there sending a mixture of texts and emails out, then receiving the same back from 20 people who can/can't do a certain day/time/whatever and also forgetting who I can or can't contact.

Basically it's making me feel as if I could end up under a lot of pressure!

Edited by Strawberry

I'm currently about to go outcall only, and quite a few incall clients have asked me to text or email them if I do restart incalls or organise a touring incall arrangement of some sort.

For me I'd far rather post things on my website and adultwork profile so that all can read and decide whether date or locations suit them, but some are seeming to prefer the idea of me contacting them.

I'm wondering what members on here think of that, and which way they'd prefer. One of my worries is that come chance to arrange an incall day/tour/start incalls again I'll be sat there sending a mixture of texts and emails out, then receiving the same back from 20 people who can/can't do a certain day/time/whatever and also forgetting who I can or can't contact.

Basically it's making me feel as if I could end up under a lot of pressure!

If it would be so complicated to you, which I can imagine juggling many requests like that then mass email and then some updates on your website/AW would be fine.

For me a message is personal and lovely to receive. I don't check my punting email often and may miss it. Of course, if a lady tells me to expect an email then I'd check more often.

-W

I have said to a couple of wg's to let me know what they're up to. One basically only sees existing clients and only usually does outcalls but she can occasionally accomodate incalls at her house. She no longer has website or AW profile so her informing me is only way I'd know.

The other girl isn't working at all and I asked her to give me a heads up if she returns, which she did last time and it worked perfectly.

I'd say that if you have a website and / or profile that you keep up to date, that should suffice - people can just check that. It depends how many people have requested you to let them know, and by how many different methods!

If it would be so complicated to you, which I can imagine juggling many requests like that then mass email and then some updates on your website/AW would be fine.

For me a message is personal and lovely to receive. I don't check my punting email often and may miss it. Of course, if a lady tells me to expect an email then I'd check more often.

-W

I don't like mass emails, how do I know if a man wishes to be spammed, and his circumstances may well have changed. Not everyone uses a punting email or phone.

I don't like mass emails, how do I know if a man wishes to be spammed, and his circumstances may well have changed. Not everyone uses a punting email or phone.

I'm sure most men have a punting email address, so maybe you could tell anyone who wanted updates to email you, then you could save their email addresses in one contact group and update them all at the same time? That way isn't spamming as it's something they've requested and should be via a 'safe' email address if they're sensible. You could say for discretionary reasons you're not too happy to text people out of the blue?

Hmm, the best method to know how to contact your clients would be to ask them. But as that is very time-consuming then best compromise would be to announce it on your site/AW as that's the broadest way to reach all clients and also least likely to create indiscreet situations for clients who don't want to be contacted.

-W

I've had that too strawberry. I'm doing incalls in June and had a bunch of emails off clients asking me to contact them when I'm doing them so they can book. I told them in the nicest way possible I can't do that, I get enough emails as it is, and I can imagine the day my incall day comes my phone will be on fire with calls like last week.

Thing is, last week when I did incalls there were a handful of men I emailed at their request stating "Hi as you asked, my incall date is May 22nd I will be free from this time please call if you'd like to book"

Only two of them even bothered to reply to the text that they so nicely requested! So I won't waste my time again. I'll just wait for them to contact me.

I have too many requests to deal with as it is so to write down emails and email these men who request me to when I'm doing incalls will be a hassle and there is no guarantee they will book!