JKay

Using Ukash For Punting

5 posts in this topic

Most ladies will know about UKASH vouchers for paying for AW services, but now UKASH is offering pre-pay debit cards that you can load with cash or more interesting is you can put money on your card using a UKASH voucher by going on line to top up your UKASH card. In theory a punter could pay for a punt using vouchers or card without the WG having to pay for the services of a merchant account or carry a card reader, all you need is a laptop! 

I stopped using Ukash when they kept on getting queried and I'd have to contact customer services to find out why the voucher'd been rejected.  And this was with small sums of £10.  I could see a one hour booking turning into a 2 hour customer support call.  Me not knowing whether the customer were pulling a fast one, or he was having the same problems I'd had as a purchaser. 

I stopped using Ukash when they kept on getting queried and I'd have to contact customer services to find out why the voucher'd been rejected.  And this was with small sums of £10.  I could see a one hour booking turning into a 2 hour customer support call.  Me not knowing whether the customer were pulling a fast one, or he was having the same problems I'd had as a purchaser. 

If someone hands you a voucher in payment for a service and it bounces you will find that out in the time it takes to log in to your account and enter the 19 digit code, maybe 2 or 3 minutes tops, if it fails to load its the punter who calls support line.

If a punter turns up with dodgy cash you don't have him hanging around for a hour!

If someone hands you a voucher in payment for a service and it bounces you will find that out in the time it takes to log in to your account and enter the 19 digit code, maybe 2 or 3 minutes tops, if it fails to load its the punter who calls support line.

If a punter turns up with dodgy cash you don't have him hanging around for a hour!

Unless the punter's told me that he'll be paying with UKash, my lap top is normally powered down and put away - although I suspect Ukash probably now have a phone app.  But if sorting that out takes longer than 5 minutes of keying in the figures into the phone and then 1. hoping it goes through without query and 2. Isn't the subject of a recall - the punter could ring up Ukash and say he's lost it or it's been stolen.  Nah, cash is king.

Cash may be king but having your client money safe on a card has many benefits included potential problems with HMRC if they do a tax investigation and believe me if you run a cash business you will have to disprove the figure that they estimate you are earning so by running your business via plastic it would leave a paper trail for your benefit for them to believe your actual turnover.