agcnospam

Techie Question - Email And Forum Nickname Showing!

5 posts in this topic

A question for the tech-savvy guys please;

I noticed today that an email address I use, which is not associated with punting forums etc, was showing my forum nickname when I sent myself something from one to the other - in this case I was emailing from gmail to yahoo (nick was showing here). 

I would rather it did not show this, so wonder if anyone out there knows how to stop this from happening!?

Thanks in advance chaps!!

Not really sure what you are trying to do, did you use send yourself an email from the account that you registered with PN?

Hi JKay

That is the odd thing, I sent myself an email from gmail to yahoo, when I hover over my yahoo email address, it shows my forum name, but that (i.e. my yahoo email address) is not connected to any forum. I also saw this same thing happen when someone sent me a google calendar invite directly to my yahoo email addy.

If you know how to stop this happening, I'd be grateful!

Cheers

I don't know the answer, but I've found that unless I have set every security and opt-out thing I can Google tracks as much as it can and tries to 'synch' the info.

It's a pain as there are several areas of a Google account which need to be visited to switch off their recording and cross-referencing.

Might be worth a look at your Google settings?

Hi JKay

That is the odd thing, I sent myself an email from gmail to yahoo, when I hover over my yahoo email address, it shows my forum name, but that (i.e. my yahoo email address) is not connected to any forum. I also saw this same thing happen when someone sent me a google calendar invite directly to my yahoo email addy.

If you know how to stop this happening, I'd be grateful!

Cheers

your PN registered email is Gmail ?