slartysmith

Condom Design And Tests

10 posts in this topic

This article is about designing and testing a new condom:
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jun/13/condom-testing-sex-science-gates-foundation

It includes the question "How many thrusts do you think you get in one typical act?" and a back-of-the envelope calculation of 300.  "So we work with 500 thrusts, simulating a minimum of 13 minutes."

If this really is typical then I'm not using them to their full design capacity.  If it wasn't the wrong way round I'd say I was several thrusts short of an orgasm.

Would any of the ladies here like to lie back with a timer in one hand and a clicker/counter in the other and provide accurate numbers?

It is much less than 300 definitely, around 60 I would say. 

'Kin ell - I doubt I'd reach 500 if I added every shag I've ever had! :confused:

The health app on an iphone counts the number of steps you take, I wonder if it'd count thrusts if you strapped it to your arse??

2 people like this

I remember a tv programme about condom manufacturing and Durex said they worked on an average of 50 thrusts!

Sort of makes you wonder about the guys who boast they pound away for 30 minutes

It is much less than 300 definitely, around 60 I would say. 

Less than that for me, I reckon that 300 thrusts we cover me for at least 600 shags or attempted shags. :unsure:

1 person likes this

Just come back from a dinner date. On the way there I got a text from my client saying 'I have read a report that 2 coffees a day improve bedroom performance. I have had two large cappuccinos today' :D

It did make me laugh and I thought right I shall try and keep track of the strokes thinking of this thread today.. It is actually quite a difficult thing to do! But I reckon about a 100 strokes so maybe the coffee does help :D

I've never counted or thought about it.  Now I've got one more thing to do.  I can't cope.   :unsure:   :)

1 person likes this

This article is about designing and testing a new condom:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jun/13/condom-testing-sex-science-gates-foundation

It includes the question "How many thrusts do you think you get in one typical act?" and a back-of-the envelope calculation of 300.  "So we work with 500 thrusts, simulating a minimum of 13 minutes."

If this really is typical then I'm not using them to their full design capacity.  If it wasn't the wrong way round I'd say I was several thrusts short of an orgasm.

Would any of the ladies here like to lie back with a timer in one hand and a clicker/counter in the other and provide accurate numbers?

Aaaaaaaaah, and I thought it was a new type of condom with tickling rubbery ears and smiley face which needs to be put the right one to enhance one's rubbish experience.......

Aaaaaaaaah, and I thought it was a new type of condom with tickling rubbery ears and smiley face which needs to be put the right one to enhance one's rubbish experience.......

My round 1 is probably 10-20!