Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coventrypunter

Brum Parlours And Massage Tables

3 posts in this topic

so some brum parlours have massage tables

like pennys. and they had them when pump was a silks in ernest street.

and pleasure dome has wipe clean cushions

I havent seen this elsewhere, just brum.

is this a brum thing, and why do they do it?

My guess its a council thing.  pretend its a legit massage place and turn a blind eye to the sex.

but does anyone actually know?

Well it is a long-established thing and not confined to Birmingham in my experience.

As you say, it seemed to be required for council inspections in order to give some supposed legitimacy to their licence being as a massage parlour in its literal sense.

I recall, if dimly, having massages with the entire time taken up with speculation on if anything else was going to be on offer.

I also recall the massage legitimacy in such towns as Rushden, Northampton, Lutterworth, Stoke on Trent etc where there were massage tables and the staff wore uniforms such as I think Ego in Bletchley still wear, which is a throwback to those days even though they still only do massage as far as I know...

So certainly I know of more places in Brum that had this possibly spurious massage legitimacy (further examples Lisa's and Swan both formerly on the Coventry Road) than other places but Brum had more parlours than other towns I was accustomed to visit.

Perhaps it intended to make the punter feel more "respectable!"