avalon22

What to wear for punts

26 posts in this topic

I just wondered what guys wear when meeting a WG for a punt. I mostly wear trousers and a shirt, but no tie. I ask this because some places I have been to leave a lot to be desired decor wise, and I have felt over dressed for the room.

I would guess that most WGs would like the guys to be fairly smartly dressed with no jeans or trainers for a punt.

Also, as some WG's prefer the guy to be smartly dressed, would this be considered the norm when punting.

I turn up in whatever I happen to be wearing that day. Worn shorts in summer before now!

As long as you are clean and have the brass that will be fine.

Unless you are having social time before when you have to dress appropriateley.

As a sign of respect I like to wear a cravat, a smoking jacket and a pair of smart elasticated waist slacks - the sort not normally available in shops.

It's the little things really.

It's the little things really.

Tell me about it.

I always wear my latex gimp suit to avoid recognition on the way in. Fits right in with the sleazy decor too.

Also, as some WG's prefer the guy to be smartly dressed, would this be considered the norm when punting.

I think that most of the ladies on here have tended to say that if you're clean, respectful and wearing your wallet then "you'll do".

It seems to me to be sensible to wear whatever is clean, makes you feel comfortable and is consistent with what other people would expect you to be in at the time.

I think that most of the ladies on here have tended to say that if you're clean, respectful and wearing your wallet then "you'll do".

It seems to me to be sensible to wear whatever is clean, makes you feel comfortable and is consistent with what other people would expect you to be in at the time.

well what i wear is my normal clohes cos anything else would generate unwanted questions @ home.

I've never been turned away or given bad service for turning up in jeans & trainers, just so long as they're clean, and you smell clean, which I think is more important.

Once turned up for a punt with freshly polished black shoes, and the lady kept remarking on them, asking if I was a copper!

I just wondered what guys wear when meeting a WG for a punt. I mostly wear trousers and a shirt, but no tie. I ask this because some places I have been to leave a lot to be desired decor wise, and I have felt over dressed for the room.

I would guess that most WGs would like the guys to be fairly smartly dressed with no jeans or trainers for a punt.

A smile.

And some soon-to-be-removed underwear.

Once turned up for a punt with freshly polished black shoes, and the lady kept remarking on them, asking if I was a copper!

I've had the same question when turning up in my work shoes - no I ain't a copper !.

maybe we should ask what turns the ladies on ? Do they prefer 'smart (clean) casual' or would they get more turned on if we arrived in a pin-stripe suit with collar and tie ? I mean we often ask the ladies to dress a certain way, what are their thoughts on asking us to dress a certain way ?

You do know you are not going to Church dont you?? Its just a punt.:D

I like to wear a hand me down zoot suit and some co-respondents two tone shoes, just to blend in with the pimping & whoring ambience of the area.

As long as you have pockets to carry my money to me,

you will always be welcome at mine;)

Maybe you should go for some advice to your local gentleman's outfitters and ask for a 'Punting Outfit':rolleyes:

"I like to wear a hand me down zoot suit and some co-respondents two tone shoes, just to blend in with the pimping & whoring ambience of the area."

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- I have literally just p*ssed my pants lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like to wear a 90's shell suit and scouser curly wig and novelty moustache. :D;)

"I like to wear a 90's shell suit and scouser curly wig and novelty moustache"

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P*ssed my pants again - PLEASE STOP my sides are f*ckin HURTING!!!!!!!!!!

I like the idea of the "Punting suit"!!!

I had this instant vision of the old Mr Benn cartoons where he'd go into the shop, get fitted out, have an adventure, then return the outfit :rolleyes:

I like the idea of the "Punting suit"!!!

I had this instant vision of the old Mr Benn cartoons where he'd go into the shop, get fitted out, have an adventure, then return the outfit :rolleyes:

Nice one:D

And the Mr Men! Pity there hadn't been a 'Mr Punt' Imagine what he would have looked like.

"I like to wear a 90's shell suit and scouser curly wig and novelty moustache"

P*ssed my pants again - PLEASE STOP my sides are f*ckin HURTING!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't wear a dress in case she mistakenly took me to be a woman.

I wouldn't wear a dress in case she mistakenly took me to be a woman.

In some cases that may work to your benefit. :rolleyes: