Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MatureUschi

Wg Shoots Killer Punter

5 posts in this topic

As Chris Rock said about O J Simpson. "I don't say she should have done it, but I can see why she did it"

In the i newspaper 28/07/15 page 20 there was an article about the sex worker in America who managed to kill in self defense a man called Neal Falls. It looks as if Neal Falls was a serial killer. In the top right of the article the newspaper helpfully gave some statistics about prostitution. It was a distortion of some research. The newspaper said "The workplace homicide rate for prostitutes is 51 times higher than the next most dangerous profession, working in a liquor store, while he [sic] average age of death is 34".

The original research was to do with almost 2,000 sex workers in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in the last century. So nothing to do with Britain in the 21st century. 90% of them worked on the street. So that's nothing to do with the vast majority of sex workers who don't work on the street. The next most dangerous profession wasn't 'liquor store' workers but male taxi cab drivers. So it should have read "The workplace homicide rate for Colorado Springs street sex workers were 7 times higher than the next most dangerous profession, working in a cab".

So let's ban taxi cabs. We've got to save those male taxi cab drivers from themselves. I've got a better idea. Let's ban crappy newspaper articles from people like Tim Walker. They confuse readers and make it more difficult for people to decide what the law should be concerning sex work and how to keep sex workers safe.

Why was 'Heather' alone with Neal Falls? She was alone with him because if she had chosen to work with another woman in the house for safety they both could have been arrested for running a brothel. This happens all the time in Britain and America and it's got to stop. Women are being killed because of the law and those who campaign to keep the law as it is are responsible for these deaths. We need a change in the law and not the Swedish Model because that doesn't enable women to work safely either.