Cd1985

Punting Overseas - Do You Travel Alone?

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm a newbie on the board, put a post on the general section but was advise it probably better sits in here.

When travelling to your favourite hotspots overseas, do you generally go alone? Or do you travel with partners in crime?

If travelling alone, how do you find it?

I have been across to Thailand alone, which was spent mostly away from the 'adult entertainment centres' - got to say that on the nights I did venture into some of bkk's more infamous areas that I actually found it a bit of a drag doing it alone...

Cd1985

I travel alone and I'm happy with that normally, you can usually get chatting to other punters when you are over there to compare notes.

A couple of days with a wingman can be fun though, but don't think I want to commit myself to a whole trip.

Punting i find is usually better taken care of alone but if you can kick back and relax afterwards and swap stories with some likeminded folks it can be good. I usually get home from a trip and have the urge to talk about it but can't really, even more open minded friends don't really get it that's why boards like this are good.

An urge to talk about things like this.

On my last trip to Bangkok I dropped into Thermae for the first time ever, I've been to BKK several times but never got round to this place, I'd always assumed the quality would be poor especially from the type of girl that typically hangs around outside. When you get into Thermae it's compulsory to buy a drink, 100bhat for a beer, not bad. If you haven't been there it is basically a big basement room with some seating in the middle and round the walls, however there is a huge line up of girls who stands shoulder to shoulder all round the perimeter of the room. What surprised me was the quality was actually very good probably explains why the customers perusing the girls were about 80% Japanese if not higher, must've been 200 girls plus in the room, the majority in their 20s. If you can get a seat in the middle of the room you can enjoy your beer while surveying the girls, this is where I found it getting a bit surreal, it reminded me of our highschool traditional dance classes where the boys and girls would line up on separate sides of the gym hall, I tried to explain this to my Japanese neighbour but my Japanese wasn't good enough and neither was his English.

Thing is that's a fairly tame story, but who can you tell?

Edited by blueruin

Can you tell me the place, and did you shag a Japanese one??

Really? the place is packed with Japanese guys if that is your thing, but I can't help you there as I was there for the Thai girls. :P

Going to Thailand is definitely on my bucket list and I do plan to go alone! Although for me, it's a bit daunting - knowing where to go, the pitfalls, etc. Saying that, plenty of advice here on PN.

Does sound a bit surreal though, from some of the stories I've read. :)

As a rough estimate, how much does one actually spend out there on a trip? I know it could vary depending on how many punts and type of hotels, etc.

Going to Thailand is definitely on my bucket list and I do plan to go alone! Although for me, it's a bit daunting - knowing where to go, the pitfalls, etc. Saying that, plenty of advice here on PN.

Does sound a bit surreal though, from some of the stories I've read. :)

As a rough estimate, how much does one actually spend out there on a trip? I know it could vary depending on how many punts and type of hotels, etc.

I spend roughly £ 1,000  a month when in Thailand , not including hotel bills , which I don't use that much .  It helps a lot if you have a contact out there , the ladies eat the noobies alive  . 

If you came out on a holiday , say one month £ 2,000  should be ok , but there are no rules , you could spend a lot if you got greedy and took 3 girls a day 

1 person likes this

@ blueruin ,     That place  ,Thermae   , has to be seen and should be in the list for all mongers visiting BKK  .  I was in there a few times over last winter but never had a take away , just in for a drink with my wingman  . It's a strange feeling to be surrounded by so many business ladies .  

It's just one step up from the type who work on Suk around Soi 5  outside Macdonalds . Punters turnaround is rapid . 

You never say if you took a lady  ?  the ones I spoke with go for 2,500  ST   and they all seem to hold the price .  

I better go in to check prices on the japanese men though  , so we can report back to japper , if that's his thing  .   :eek:

£2000 sounds pretty affordable for a month long holiday. I've spent twice as much in 2 weeks on a holiday in other parts of the world, with zero punts. I've been told hotels are relatively cheap too...

I doubt I'd get too greedy - possibly 1-2 girls per day max, but again, given the amount of talent out there + vfm, it could be a natural progression.

Thanks for the info WP!

:)

500 quid a week after your flights and hotel is paid is doable for sure, but personally i find it hard to keep that kind of discipline while I'm there and I often end up being a 3 girl a day guy.

'Fuck it Blue your in Thailand', I think, when is the next time you'll be back here and how much would this cost in London? and when that attitude gets going, 200 quid a day isn't unusual. Although if your the kind of guy that is going to do 3somes and moresomes it could get even more expensive. 

As an example, I was in l*lita's bar for a BJ in bangkok, when another punter came downstairs with 4 girls, he had been in the VIP room for an hour with them, and according to my hostess did this everyday for his holiday, so 100 quid down for a 4 way BJ just to start his evening (it was about 5pm) where as i was quite happy with 20 quid for my BJ and CIM.

But the thing is if you stayed in pattaya rather than BKK ypu could be doing 3 girls a day for 100 quid or less including drinks and food, just depends what scenes you want to indulge in, if you stay away from the gogo bars in patatya and stick with soi6 and beer bar girls, you'll spend a lot less.

If you do frequent gogo bars the price of drinks will wear away your cash, something to bear in mind, buy a couple of beers for your self and a couple of lady drinks and you're likely to be looking at about 15 quid.

1 person likes this

I never took a girl from Thermae, they are basically freelancers and a bit more of a gamble, given the large numbers of japanese guys i didnt think it was going to be that cheap an option. Id been in the beer garden earlier and the girls there were mainly older and they were still looking for 2K shortime, i usually walkaway rather than negotiate. so I didnt think i was going to get a bargain in thermae without putting in more work than i wanted to do at the time.

At least in a gogo you get the full body view which is what you pay the barfine for i guess. While the girls in thermae were in there 20's i suspected a large number would have been ravaged by childbirth underneath their clothes. But without a doubt i was tempted. There is a temptation to try everything at least once.

But it was worth it just for entertainment value, they have a popcorn stand beside the bar so grab a box and a beer, sit back and watch the action. Or rather watch a bunch of japanese guys dither around at the school dance while they work out which lucky lady to pick. and despite not being japanese i did get plenty of invitations to dance.

I did Pataya on my own for a month in low season.My first time on a long-haul holiday,however i did educate myself for 2 years before i went.I did as much homework as possible,and dove in the deep end! I also stuck to punting with the so called "Street Walkers",even though none of them were walking as i took them for some action! Ha ha.What i meant was they were standing still when i asked them for some fun!

I stayed near to Walking Street and everything you need is on your doorstep,Places to eat,laundrette,cafes,beach road,chemists,7/11's,lovely sea views,baht buses,24 hour McDonalds,etc etc.

1 person likes this