Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lynn

Windows 8.1

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone here have a clue why my recently  bought laptop using Windows 8 have a tendency to switch off and reboot in the middle of some Youtube clips.... it does not happen every time but it is very very annoying!

It only happens with Youtube... and other than that everything is fine.

No idea what it is but mine does the same.

Can't be much help but you could upgrade to Windows 10 now (or opt for it and be in the MS queue - the roll out started today).

If you hated it I believe you can roll it back within 30 days.

Doing that may sort out the issue. But fr a second person having the same issue, it sounds like a one-off.

Others have far more info on the subject than me though.

Ah if I am not the only one experiencing this then that is interesting.  My laptop is a Hewlett Packard.... is yours John?

Does anyone here have a clue why my recently  bought laptop using Windows 8 have a tendency to switch off and reboot in the middle of some Youtube clips.... it does not happen every time but it is very very annoying!

It only happens with Youtube... and other than that everything is fine.

No idea, mine freezes about once an hour and has to be restarted, no idea if its the cheap Lenovo or the shite windows 8 on it thats causing the trouble

No idea, mine freezes about once an hour and has to be restarted, no idea if its the cheap Lenovo or the shite windows 8 on it thats causing the trouble

My last laptop was a Lenovo.... I never buy top price ones..... and it was fine ... didn't have the above problems.

I don't much like the Windows8 layout etc but used  to it now.  I read today Windows 10 is free if you are lucky enough to get a download.... I won't be bothering with that though.

If this one has been running for several hours... it can slow down almost to a freeze.... I switch it off and start again and it is fine.

Edited by Lynn

No Lynn this happens to me on a pc - but there is something about windows 8 and youtube which is a bit iffy.

No Lynn this happens to me on a pc - but there is something about windows 8 and youtube which is a bit iffy.

Ah ok thanks.... I will assume then it is Windows8 which is the problem..... as it never happened with my old laptop using Windows 7

I actually still use my old one for playing music through Youtube ... it never cuts out at all.

The freezing is an inherent problem in Windows 8 (what some people might call a bug)...  It's part of the reason they're rushing so quickly to get Windows 10 released. Something similar happened about 7 years ago when they first brought out Windows Vista... but it was so flawed they rushed the release of Windows 7 (you notice how long Windows XP & Windows 7 were around).

They need to have a decent reliable product... although around 95% of computers utilise some version of Windows, Macs and Ubuntu are growing in popularity for various reasons.

Being unhelpful as usual, I've had no prob with 8.1 and YouTube and would recommend sifting through the collection of flash mob videos. I was entranced

Having said 8.1 is OK I went on the 10 list then decided to drop it tolet bugs be sorted - now i can't find out how to get on the list again.

Sorry for hijacking Lynn's thread but she seems a sorted bunny now...

Edited by vivluvsme