Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aussiecrocsss

Vietnam - Hcmc (Saigon)

10 posts in this topic

Going to check it out for a weekend....if anyone has experience or recommendations, I'd be most appreciative. I am aware of two things: a) avoid motorcycle girls and B) if you stay in a decent hotel, can't bring back girls after 10pm.

Cheers -Auz

Going to check it out for a weekend....if anyone has experience or recommendations, I'd be most appreciative. I am aware of two things: a) avoid motorcycle girls and :cool: if you stay in a decent hotel, can't bring back girls after 10pm.

Cheers -Auz

Was there last about 10 years ago (the first visit was in 1995 and I went there several other times following that) but I am sure everything has changed since then.  I had fun 'on the hunt' but never really caught anyone worth mentioning here.  Lots of clip joints where you could chat up bar girls, quite a few 'private clubs' but the Japanese were the chosen clientele there, and several night clubs ('Apocolypse Now' comes to mind) where you might run into a FL winner - but then what?  I used to stay at the famous Hotel Continental (a throwback to the old French colonial era - Graham Green wrote his 'The Quiet American' while staying there), where you certainly could NOT smuggle in a WG.  Too much effort for too little reward.  I have occasionally been tempted to take a Thai gal there with me but, sadly, have no 'TGF' worth the cost/effort right now.  Terrific city, wonderful food, tons of history and a beehive of activity.  The best tip that I can give you - if you are any kind of jazz fan - is to spend every night at 'Jazz n Art' on Le Loi (the main boulevard).  I used to close the place down every night, and I will make a beeline to it the next time I visit Saigon.

ps, it's the TS 'girls' that ride those motorcycles.

Edited by Tiggy 7

Cheers Tiggy, for the tips and the holler back.

As I understand it you have two options: stay swanky and the short-time in a Love hotel, of which there are many; or just stay in a girl friendly place, usually bit downmarket.

Will let you know how it goes....

im going in two weeks time yay!

im going in two weeks time yay!

Enjoy!  It's a beautiful country, with beautiful people and wonderful food.  And it is a lot better example of 'capitalism' than you will find in the US or the UK today, pace Ho chi Minh. :)

(for better or worse)

Edited by Tiggy 7

there were loads of hostess bars and indies all over SGN in District 1 and 3. You needed to ask for "line up"to get to see all girls - pick your chick and off you go (they will take you to a mini hotel for an hour - -this is paid for by you on top of the fee - approx $35-45 for WG and $10-15 for room).  Crazy Buffalo, Apocalypse Now, GO2 Bar and The Drunken Duck all used to be good (it was few years ago i was last there).

There are also  barber shops" located around Nguyen Phi Khanh Street and Thach Thi Thanh Street in District 1 and also massage shops (but never tried these).

street walkers and moto girls (girls/TS that whiz around on mopeds) - are around the place later at night - never accept a drink off these girls, they have been know to drug and rob.

all in all - it wont be hard to find some action - hardest part is the hotel situation - but the free lancers all know the haunts (you will find the majority of Vietnamese a good laugh and overall pretty trustworthy) - enjoy! 

there were loads of hostess bars and indies all over SGN in District 1 and 3. You needed to ask for "line up"to get to see all girls - pick your chick and off you go (they will take you to a mini hotel for an hour - -this is paid for by you on top of the fee - approx $35-45 for WG and $10-15 for room).  Crazy Buffalo, Apocalypse Now, GO2 Bar and The Drunken Duck all used to be good (it was few years ago i was last there).

There are also  barber shops" located around Nguyen Phi Khanh Street and Thach Thi Thanh Street in District 1 and also massage shops (but never tried these).

street walkers and moto girls (girls/TS that whiz around on mopeds) - are around the place later at night - never accept a drink off these girls, they have been know to drug and rob.

all in all - it wont be hard to find some action - hardest part is the hotel situation - but the free lancers all know the haunts (you will find the majority of Vietnamese a good laugh and overall pretty trustworthy) - enjoy! 

Thanks, for the update, HD - sounds like you were there more recently than I was.  The hostess bars were there

though I don't remember it being that easy to pick up a real 'winner' in them.

Edited by Tiggy 7

the best looking ones ( and there were some right stunners) played the game - hung around to see if they could find younger richer better looking clients (cant blame them really)

The less blessed ones, i found gave a better service and were cheaper and nicer people.

SGN is changing by the week from what i hear from expat mates who live there - one week the authorities are closing everything down and busting punters, then the next all is booming again.

talk to a local for latest updates, i'd hate to get busted by a commie Viet cop...!!!

the best looking ones ( and there were some right stunners) played the game - hung around to see if they could find younger richer better looking clients (cant blame them really)

You may have just explained why my cursory assessment was less encouraging than yours! :P   I do remember that Vietnamese WGs are far more candid than their Thai WG cousins - no 'you hansum man' treatment there - although I also found that my advanced years were a benefit in other respects, since their culture esteems elders (as is true elsewhere throughout in SEAsia) far moreso than western cultures do.

The parallels between the current military regime in Thailand and the historically authoritarian regime in Vietnam in their crackdowns on the adult hospitality industry are interesting.  It does seem like the golden age of sex tourism is waning.  Increasing prosperity and a wider range of ways to earn a living certainly have contributed to this, as well. :(