Humandoing

Is The Chat Room Dead Because ...

79 posts in this topic

... no-one's interested in chatting online anymore? 

... people do like the concept but thought the actual chat was dull/uninspiring/weird?

... the software is being phased out?

I used to enjoy the chat in there, often used to have 5-10 people in, including some very intelligent, beautiful ladies. Room might as well now be dead. Shame. Should be resurrected one way or another?

I am in the room often but it is quiet of late.

And alas my days are numbered.

Chrome will no longer Java at some point this year so my chatrooms days maybe no more...

Though hopefully there will be a solution. I don't count IE or firefox, safarri etc before it is mentioned.

I don't bother because I rarely see anyone I wish to speak to in there! It was fun for a while and I spent some really fun evenings there and sometimes it was very lively, However, I think it was spoiled by some characters monopolising the conversations and changing the subject to themselves, so it got less good and I expect others felt the same so drifted away. 

1 person likes this

i cant get it to even work on my laptop

Java is a pain and I have problems with it from time to time. Just refreshed the latest version and that seems to have sorted my problems out.

there is a non java version i believe.  praps someone can post the url.

I've looked in a few times. It's the only chatroom I've ventured into and I find it a unique experience.  At times it feels as if you're on the edge of a conversation and feel the need to butt in when you have nothing useful to say.  The most fun is when the talk becomes flippant and it there are girls present a bit risque.

It's probably not me as I've appeared so little but I do have a habit of talking about myself. :(

I can't type enough to keep yup with the topic before last, let alone the current one...

1 person likes this

Love the chat room but don't go in so often. One particularly loathsome woman turned it into a battleground of ego so it's lost it's sparkle for me as a lot of chatters drifted away during that time. I still go in sometimes but it's not the same especially as the girls don't go in anymore now. I will sti pop in sometimes

Edited by Chloe Kisses
2 people like this

I remember when not so long ago there could be anything from ten to well over twenty in there chattering with several conversations going on and much hilarity and joking about...fun times

I stopped being able to get in for a good while, I think a lot had similar issues. I had to uninstall Java and go back to an old version to sort out the problem

1 person likes this

I can't type enough to keep yup with the topic before last, let alone the current one...

Me too! I am a one-finger typist. Although in another area they have been described as 'magic fingers'!

Yeah, i think the chatroom needs an update or sorts, if that's even possible without the use of java? Surely there's some other more reliable chatroom tech?

I used to love it, but don't really have the time to sit n chat of late, plus also every time i do log on, no-one's ever in there. lol

Was there a poll asking how people use PN now? I know iPad users had terrible problems as when you leave the page it would 'leave' the chatroom.

Chat seems to be dying a death for the reasons outlined above which I think is a great pity.  :(

At its height it was tremendous fun with a good mix of people in the room at peak times including ladies. Together with being fun it was also a valuable source of useful info and practical advice particularly to newbies.

Its regrettable this might be lost for the punting community.

1 person likes this

Chat seems to be dying a death for the reasons outlined above which I think is a great pity.  :(

At its height it was tremendous fun with a good mix of people in the room at peak times including ladies. Together with being fun it was also a valuable source of useful info and practical advice particularly to newbies.

Its regrettable this might be lost for the punting community.

Chat has been a great facility in the past, but it can also be very time consuming :o Primarily for that reason I've eschewed going into the chatroom for months, and it is years since I was a regular visitor.  I've spent far too much time in there in the past, although I'd readily agree with others that it can be great fun with a massive breadth of topics discussed, especially cake ;)  The facility to have private chats was also very useful.

The other reason I no longer bother is that I now use other avenues to communicate with some of my favourite chatters which tends to be more time-efficient.

1 person likes this

well now we know who your favourite chatterers werent :D

I always look to see who is in the chat room first before going in. If I would rather not mix with who is in there I don't bother. Having said that I haven't even checked it out for some time. I do like to chat,and debate,but not argue. So that determines if I enter it not.

I always look to see who is in the chat room first before going in. If I would rather not mix with who is in there I don't bother. Having said that I haven't even checked it out for some time. I do like to chat,and debate,but not argue. So that determines if I enter it not.

Its very rare for there to be an argument in the chat room, it does happen occasionally but as the mods have the power to yank the people arguing out and into a separate chat room it doesnt last for long, plus they can just kick them out of chat altogether if they keep arguing

Its very rare for there to be an argument in the chat room, it does happen occasionally but as the mods have the power to yank the people arguing out and into a separate chat room it doesnt last for long, plus they can just kick them out of chat altogether if they keep arguing

Be careful of the eggshells as you walk across the room 

It's usually just me in there these days so the number of posts on this thread that have said 'I see who is in there and decide not to go in' is a massive self esteem boost haha  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1 person likes this

Yes I have to say there has been very few times I felt uncomfortable, in fact mostly its been banter about food. I am probably wary because of other chat rooms and forums where this happens. But if I see some one in that I know may like to challenge I don't bother. Its bad enough to be challenged in the forum, buts that just the way I am. 

I've looked in a few times. It's the only chatroom I've ventured into and I find it a unique experience.  At times it feels as if you're on the edge of a conversation and feel the need to butt in when you have nothing useful to say.  The most fun is when the talk becomes flippant and it there are girls present a bit risque.

It's probably not me as I've appeared so little but I do have a habit of talking about myself. :(

It beats talking to yourself.thats the first sign apparently.

I stopped being able to get in for a good while, I think a lot had similar issues. I had to uninstall Java and go back to an old version to sort out the problem

And this is why i never update anything(and not because i'm lazy)

Me too! I am a one-finger typist. Although in another area they have been described as 'magic fingers'!

Same here.If you post a bit slower and a bit later do as i do,don't care :)

Chat has been a great facility in the past, but it can also be very time consuming :o Primarily for that reason I've eschewed going into the chatroom for months, and it is years since I was a regular visitor.  I've spent far too much time in there in the past, although I'd readily agree with others that it can be great fun with a massive breadth of topics discussed, especially cake ;)  The facility to have private chats was also very useful.

The other reason I no longer bother is that I now use other avenues to communicate with some of my favourite chatters which tends to be more time-efficient.

You should go in more.I could do with a blessing and a little salvation :)

Yes I have to say there has been very few times I felt uncomfortable, in fact mostly its been banter about food. I am probably wary because of other chat rooms and forums where this happens. But if I see some one in that I know may like to challenge I don't bother. Its bad enough to be challenged in the forum, buts that just the way I am. 

I only bother when its about cake myself :)

1 person likes this

What is it with cake?

Usually custard, icecream, cream or a cup of tea :D

1 person likes this