Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Happy Punter

56 Dean Street - Security Breach

7 posts in this topic

56 Dean St is by far my preferred clinic - and a fantastic service (an hour turn around job done) and the staff are lovely - friendly and supportive - couldn't ask for better TBH.

Although this security breach is regrettable and most unfortunate and I do hope those caught up in it are OK and not to much damage has been done.

I think it shows their professionalism and integrity by being proactive and apologetic - no hint or sniff of defensiveness just plain straightforward we cocked up.

http://news.sky.com/story/1545535/hiv-clinic-screwed-up-by-releasing-names

56 Dean St is by far my preferred clinic - and a fantastic service (an hour turn around job done) and the staff are lovely - friendly and supportive - couldn't ask for better TBH.

Although this security breach is regrettable and most unfortunate and I do hope those caught up in it are OK and not to much damage has been done.

I think it shows their professionalism and integrity by being proactive and apologetic - no hint or sniff of defensiveness just plain straightforward we cocked up.

http://news.sky.com/story/1545535/hiv-clinic-screwed-up-by-releasing-names

dont give the clap clinic your name and address seems to be the advice...

..indeed, or email address...false name for me and never would I give an email address - they have my mobile phone of course (punting phone!).

They are sending their bulk emails out in a really, really stupid way. They should be using a system not just dumping all the email addresses into the BCC field

3 people like this

I'm really impressed by their genuine and quick apology for the breach, rather than acting defensively which I think many other NHS services would have done - but yes - never use your real name! I never have because I don't want my profession to be linked to my general NHS medical notes. However they really do offer an excellent service - the best in London in my opinion and their service for sex workers is just amazing... as for my results being published under my working name - I'm not bothered at all - I've never had a positive result for any of my tests.

Being facile, It is the hundreds of Bert Spirographs and Donald Ducks I worry about. I thought the tests were anonymous?