Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L Grille

No Java = No Chatroom :(

9 posts in this topic

Sadtimes 

Google Chrome no longer supports Java:

Plugin-based content doesn't work on Chrome

Plugins previously allowed extra features to be added to browsers. Most of these features can now be included by website creators in a more secure way by default as part of HTML5. Chrome support for these plugins ended September 1, 2015.

Why NPAPI plugins don’t work now

In the past, many plugins were developed using an old system called NPAPI. Today fewer sites are using NPAPI plugins and they have often caused security risks on websites.

To make browsing with Chrome safer, faster, and more stable, we stopped allowing NPAPI plugins on September 1, 2015.

Plugins that use NPAPI, including Silverlight, Java, and Unity, won’t work. If you want to use a website that uses an NPAPI plugin, you’ll need to use a different web browser.

Any chance dear Punternet (Galahad & Co) of being able to access the chat room on  without having to use Java on another browser??

Since starting the Topic 15- 20 minutes ago I have managed to get in - by using an IE emulator on chrome.

I downloaded IE Tab from Chrome Web Store - Chatroom opens fine - however IE Tab cannot be opened on an incogntio chrome page :( - can't have it all

I use firefox now but I DO NOT update the java

The company that provides the chat software is working on a non-Java version but it is not ready yet. As soon as it is complete and integrates with the forum I will be changing over. Believe me, I want to see the back of Java as much as anyone!

The company that provides the chat software is working on a non-Java version but it is not ready yet. As soon as it is complete and integrates with the forum I will be changing over. Believe me, I want to see the back of Java as much as anyone!

:D Look forward to caffeine free days - Thanks Galahad

Off topic but I wish someone would invent an equivalent of Flash that doesn't crash every 10 minutes . FFS how long have they had the monopoly !

What's the current situation with this?   I've had to replace my laptop and with new Java installed I can't access the chatroom.  I use Firefox,