Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MatureUschi

Lyme Disease

6 posts in this topic

John Caudwell seems to think Lyme Disease could be sexually transmitted. Does that tally with anybody's opinion/experience?

No - it's passed on via tick bites. He's talking rubbish IMHO.

He calls it "the new syphillis", which is a bit dramatic, but since he, his ex-wife, and three of his adult children have it, it might suggest that transmission by tick isn't the only way you can catch it.

Seems a bit odd, maybe they were all in an area which had a lot of ticks.. They really are very difficult to spot as I experienced myself recently (I put up a thread in the off-topic section about it) and I had the classic bulls eye rash with it. It is believed many are not even aware of having had a tick on them as they are so tiny if in the first stage. 

He calls it "the new syphillis", which is a bit dramatic, but since he, his ex-wife, and three of his adult children have it, it might suggest that transmission by tick isn't the only way you can catch it.

His ex wife and three adult children.If thats the case i sincerelly hope its not sexually transmitted.Do they live in Norfolk?

He calls it that as it apparently resembles the agent for syphillis in shape https://www.lymedisease.org/lyme-sexual-transmission-2/  It seems their research it seems is based on the fact they found it present in the sexual secretions of those infected,,in every case with women,only sometimes in men.This researched has been poo poo'd elsewhere stating that yes it is found,but in too small a quantity to allow for infection,think there was also something about it having a limited lifespan in such fluids,mucus's etc.

as the study ends,"Dr. Stricker pointed to the unknown risks of contracting Lyme disease raised by the study" unknown being the opperative word.The study is a long way from complete and admits more work needs doing.Looks like someones hoping for a grant.

Edited by markdee