JKay

B T Broadband Anyone?

9 posts in this topic

Don't you just hate the home page, bloody adverts everywhere, click on a news item video and it starts with an advert, then click on another video and up pops same advert, and the home pages is slow, it does your eyes in and IE hates it, network adapter keeps having to reset.........

Now I have made BBC.com my home page, easy on the eyes, no adverts and IE is stable again.

Happy.

Carry on.

I had forgotten all about home pages as a term.

I suppose mine is Google and the main sites run along the bookmarks bar so the only irritation I have with BT can be to do with email processes when the tech articles I quite like the idea of turn out to be sponsored so biased.

I am now on BT Infinity and like it but they were rather quiet about the fact that the self-installed upgrade left a box from the previous hub connection stuck uselessly attached to the wall in the hallway.

JKay I too hate the BT page. I bookmarked the email login page, with lots of no-script in use, so I get the log-in boxes only. When I close it flicks to BT page so I just 'home' it back to a Google basic one.

I am also now using 'basic' mail to avoid the bloody advert emails which can't be deleted. However, I have to go back into the 'full' version if I want to use text features like bold, italic,etc or to manage my contact groups.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a new account elsewhere to which all BT mail is forwarded. That would also let me access mail when BT is having problems - a fairly frequent occurrence.

BT home page is produced by 5 year olds on the NatWest coding skills....

I almost always set home page to Google, can't even remember what the BT home page looks like, despite using their broadband for 5 years.

I do find their wifi hotspot system very useful when on the move.

I'm surprised anyone actually uses the BT Home page, or Internet Explorer.

FF or Chrome with adblocker FTW.

I'm surprised anyone actually uses the BT Home page, or Internet Explorer.

FF or Chrome with adblocker FTW.

Sites like live sport are getting cute about AdBlocker, not allowing a bright and full screen when it is activated.

It's almost as if they want us to pay for paysites...

Off topic but concerning BT and for those who still use their home phone. Be wary of any calls from Indian sounding guys with English names posing has BT security or Internet. They ring up claiming your pc has a virus just put the phone down. 

Don't you just hate the home page, bloody adverts everywhere, click on a news item video and it starts with an advert, then click on another video and up pops same advert, and the home pages is slow, it does your eyes in and IE hates it, network adapter keeps having to reset.........

Now I have made BBC.com my home page, easy on the eyes, no adverts and IE is stable again.

Happy.

Carry on.

Thanks for that, Mum in law has just signed up, I'll change the home page.