Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ik8133

On Antibiotics

11 posts in this topic

I have a punt booked for early next week, however I've developed an abscess on a tooth, no open sores or anything but my face is a bit swollen though and this has started to subside.  The outcome is that I'm now on antibiotics while waiting treatment, which will be root canal treatment but I doubt I will be getting this done prior to the booking.  Is it wise to proceed with the booking being on antibiotics? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you pre-dated a hotel? Is that why you are reticent about cancelling?

Are you concerned about whether she will agree to see you again if you cancel?

Or, is your concern entirely medical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a punt booked for early next week, however I've developed an abscess on a tooth, no open sores or anything but my face is a bit swollen though and this has started to subside.  The outcome is that I'm now on antibiotics while waiting treatment, which will be root canal treatment but I doubt I will be getting this done prior to the booking.  Is it wise to proceed with the booking being on antibiotics? 

if you have an abcess then you need to not to do any oral or kissing. and abcess is a route for infection into your body.  and an abcess is an infection you dont want to share.

 

other than that why not?

 

antibiotics make some feel rough.  i feel a little queasy, but live yogurt keeps that under control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The abscess isn't an open would or anything, it's a root canal causing the problem, making my face swollen, though this has started to subside due to the antibiotics.  My concerns are purely medical whether it increases the risks or not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any open wound that comes into direct contact with body fluids especially mouth, vagina, penis, anus is going to increase the risk of STI transmission, assuming one of you has an STI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a punt booked for early next week, however I've developed an abscess on a tooth, no open sores or anything but my face is a bit swollen though and this has started to subside.  The outcome is that I'm now on antibiotics while waiting treatment, which will be root canal treatment but I doubt I will be getting this done prior to the booking.  Is it wise to proceed with the booking being on antibiotics? 

 

 

Other answers have given you the majority of what you need to know but there is a risk (albeit it very small)  to the other person (depending on what services they provide and what you wanted) to them if they swallow, some people have an allergy to antibiotics,  you 'could' possibly pass it on via your semen.

 

Why not write to the girl involved and see what they have to say?  You're not going to feel great anyway, why run the risk of ruining what may be a perfectly good sesh?   Best wait until you're fully up and running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other answers have given you the majority of what you need to know but there is a risk (albeit it very small) to the other person (depending on what services they provide and what you wanted) to them if they swallow, some people have an allergy to antibiotics, you 'could' possibly pass it on via your semen.

Why not write to the girl involved and see what they have to say? You're not going to feel great anyway, why run the risk of ruining what may be a perfectly good sesh? Best wait until you're fully up and running?

If you are going to tell her, then tell her the typeof af antibiotics. Different people are allergic to different antibiotics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice, I will contact the SP, it's only fair.  I'm only on a fairly low dose so feel ok but will give it a day or two to see things progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you'd be fine, but no kissing or RO might be safest for both of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Why can't you ask your dentist to advise  ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tour now cancelled, so hopefully get sorted out before she visits again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0